Audio System for Sale

alisoltani

Complete Klipsch audio system for sale:

• $2,000 - negotiable.
  • An hour drive south of Portland, Oregon.
  • System functional & in great condition.
  • Pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHNoPj7
  • Components:

1. Two main CF-4 Epic Series,
  2. Four peripheral KG-2.5,
  3. One center KV-3,
  4. One subwoofer SW-12 II,
  5. One receiver Yamaha RX V2400,
  6. Wiring for the subwoofer,
  7. Lead connections for the rest of the speakers (the rest of wiring is through the walls),
  8. A synchronization mic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

During the last week in October I drove to McMinnville, Oregon to check out this system. It was fun hanging out and listening with Ali and he had already been given some helpful info about these speakers by forum member billybob.

My interest was only in the Epic CF-4's, as I'm strictly a 2-channel listener. I first heard this model (and was very impressed) when I attended the pilgrimage to Hope in 2006. However, Ali needed to sell his entire home theater system as he was moving to much smaller quarters--so it was an all-or-nothing deal. But CF-4's don't come up often, so I did the deed.

Over the years I have owned multiple pairs of the Heritage Klipsch models in many different vintages. I have also owned a few non-Heritage models like Chorus, Forte, RF-7, KG-4, etc. The Epic CF-4 is yet another flavor (these are series 3). I'm looking forward to spending some extended time listening, as soon as I explain to my SO that there are a few other pieces of gear in the house. A wise person once said it's always better to ask forgiveness than ask permission.

Once I get them set up, I'll start a thread in the Epic Owners group with photos. I'll also need to start selling off the extra stuff I bought to get the CF-4's and hopefully that will help reduce my cash outlay. I haven't been on the forum much in recent years, but you folks have always helped me in innumerable ways over time, and scoring my first pair of Epics wouldn't have happened without so many Klipschophiles singing their praises. Thanks to all of you!

triceratops

I know the CF-4 is a 2-way speaker, but I'm still keeping my screen name!

• Like 3

Happy you got the Epic s...

Congrats...

10 minutes ago, triceratops said:

During the last week in October I drove to McMinnville, Oregon to check out this system. It was fun hanging out and listening with Ali and he had already been given some helpful info about these speakers by forum member billybob.

My interest was only in the Epic CF-4's, as I'm strictly a 2-channel listener. I first heard this model (and was very impressed) when I attended the pilgrimage to Hope in 2006. However, Ali needed to sell his entire home theater system as he was moving to much smaller quarters--so it was an all-or-nothing deal. But CF-4's don't come up often, so I did the deed.

Over the years I have owned multiple pairs of the Heritage Klipsch models in many different vintages. I have also owned a few non-Heritage models like Chorus, Forte, RF-7, KG-4, etc. The Epic CF-4 is yet another flavor (these are series 3). I'm looking forward to spending some extended time listening, as soon as I explain to my SO that there are a few other pieces of gear in the house. A wise person once said it's always better to ask forgiveness than ask permission.

Once I get them set up, I'll start a thread in the Epic Owners group with photos. I'll also need to start selling off the extra stuff I bought to get the CF-4's and hopefully that will help reduce my cash outlay. I haven't been on the forum much in recent years, but you folks have always helped me in innumerable ways over time, and scoring my first pair of Epics wouldn't have happened without so many Klipschophiles singing their praises. Thanks to all of you!

triceratops

I know the CF-4's a 2-way speaker, but I'm still keeping my screen name!

18 hours ago, triceratops said:

I'll also need to start selling off the extra stuff I bought to get the CF-4's and hopefully that will help reduce my cash outlay.

The KG 2.5 is a great speaker for its size and should be easy to sell, in my opinion. 

Haven't heard any of the Epic series but look forward to the chance. Congrats on scoring those 4's.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 7:09 AM, Rivernuggets said:

The KG 2.5 is a great speaker for its size and should be easy to sell, in my opinion. 

Haven't heard any of the Epic series but look forward to the chance. Congrats on scoring those 4's.

Thanks for the encouragement, River!

The 2.5's are compact and seem like they could be useful for various applications from sides or rears for home theater to mains for a small stereo rig. They also have threaded inserts on the bottom to allow them to be mounted on a wall in the Batcave, etc.

• Like 1