Hum in system

roaddog359

I have been having a constant hum in my system that I cant figure out and get rid of.  Its in my side surround speaker when the tv is playing through it.  And while trying to trouble shoot it i noticed a hum in my center channel when i run the xbox 360.  How can I get rid of the hum?  Will XLR balanced connectors solve the issue, running those from my amps to my Marantz SR8012?  Any ideas or help will be appreciated.  And if XLR cables are my answer can you point me into a good cable for my 7.2 system?  

Sometimes its just your speaker cables running too close to A.C. wiring, and/or running parallel to the A.C. wiring. The longer the speaker wires run adjacent to A.C. wiring, the more potential there is for hum to occur.

If your speaker wires are inside the walls, this could be a problem to fix.

If your speaker wires are inside the walls, try running a temporary speaker wire to the affected speaker by just laying it on the floor in a random route. If your speaker wires are accessible, try the same experiment to see if it's the proximity of your speaker wires to something else which is causing your problem.

What type of ground loop isolator do I get for the coax tv?  Also I noticed when i turn the xbox 360 on I get a loud hum over the center channel.   So at least 2 speakers are having hum issue when a source is on and going through the marantz.  The center = xbox360 and the left side channel =tv