Canadians: Election Day in Canada

Wolfbane

3 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Good  luck up there. Thanks for remaining our friends.

I don’t think we could have better neighbors.

Unfortunately, both you, us and our other allies across the whole world have left the Kurd’s to be ethnically cleansed in N. Syria. In a just world that would never happen.

That said, Canada should be doing a lot more for both the Kurds and the poor people living in Hong Kong right now. 

The USA can’t do it all by itself!

Wb

• Like 4

Pierre Trudeau, Justin Trudeau's Dad, when  asked how he could stay in power through all the twists and turns of Canadian politics

said "It's simple. I have a French name, think like an Englishman and look like an Indian. We all feel very guilty about the Indians here in Canada."

Here we go again.

i guess that lady journalist had it right when she said something like lebron is concerned with human rights as long as it isn’t affecting his bottom line. 

Lifetime contract with Nike and Nike does a lot of business in China; but, i’m sure that has nothing to do with anything (wink, wink).

1 hour ago, NADman said:

Pierre Trudeau, Justin Trudeau's Dad, when  asked how he could stay in power through all the twists and turns of Canadian politics

said "It's simple. I have a French name, think like an Englishman and look like an Indian. We all feel very guilty about the Indians here in Canada.

Here we go again.

It was to what is now Alberta that Sitting Bull and half the Sioux and Northern Cheyenne retreated to after winning the Battle of the Little Big Horn. He knew the NWMP  and the Crown (Queen Victoria) would treat his people and him better than they were treated on a US Reservation. Things only going to get worse post defeating the 7th US cavalry and Custer.

Custer broke the cardinal rule of never split your forces when opposed by superior numbers. Plus the natives were better armed. Some of their ( indigenous) repeating rifles still come up for auction in Alberta.

Wb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NADman said:

said "It's simple. I have a French name, think like an Englishman and look like an Indian. We all feel very guilty about the Indians here in Canada.

Here we go again.

Look at the disgraceful way our current PM treated his indigenous Justice Minister last spring. I hope she can win running as an Independent. Then there’s Grassy Lake, Black Face and admiration for the way China and Cuba are run!

Wb

Well, the campaign took less than two months,, and a few hours after the last polls on the West Coast close, we’ll have complete election results.  That’s the way to do it.

As for Canada’s foreign policy, we’re really glad that we didn’t elect Andrew Scheer, the boyish-looking Conservative leader, who promised to cut foreign aid by 25%, and put tighter limits on immigration.  And the further right-wing guy who leads the People’s Party of Canada, Maxime Bernier, who wanted to eliminate foreign aid and almost eliminate immigration, appears to have lost his own seat.

It was pointed out that we shouldn’t complete the trifecta of tousle-haired blonde extremists like the current British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and your man in charge.  I hope nobody is offended by that.  We already have two provincial Premiers, a post similar to your governors, who are junior extreme right-wingers, like Jason Kenney, the premier of Alberta, and Doug Ford, the brother of the now-deceased crackhead mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford.  We didn’t want their kind of politics at the federal level.

So that’s my opinion.  I hope nobody wishes that any harm comes to me.  Wow, that sounds old fashioned, but it’s better than something dramatic like “..wants me dead by sunrise.”

Politics, am I right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Islander said:

Well, the campaign took less than two months,, and a few hours after the last polls on the West Coast close, we’ll have complete election results.  That’s the way to do it.

As for Canada’s foreign policy, we’re really glad that we didn’t elect Andrew Scheer, the boyish-looking Conservative leader, who promised to cut foreign aid by 25%, and put tighter limits on immigration.  And the further right-wing guy who leads the People’s Party of Canada, Maxime Bernier, who wanted to eliminate foreign aid and almost eliminate immigration, appears to have lost his own seat.

It was pointed out that we shouldn’t complete the trifecta of tousle-haired blonde extremists like the current British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and your man in charge.  I hope nobody is offended by that.  We already have two provincial Premiers, a post similar to your governors, who are junior extreme right-wingers, like Jason Kenney, the premier of Alberta, and Doug Ford, the brother of the now-deceased crackhead mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford.  We didn’t want their kind of politics at the federal level.

So that’s my opinion.  I hope nobody wishes that any harm comes to me.  Wow, that sounds old fashioned, but it’s better than something dramatic like “..wants me dead by sunrise.”

Politics, am I right?

I believe the saying you get the government you deserve applies in every country. 

Wb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1