Canadians: Election Day in Canada

Wolfbane

12 hours ago, Islander said:

Well, the campaign took less than two months,, and a few hours after the last polls on the West Coast close, we’ll have complete election results.  That’s the way to do it.

As for Canada’s foreign policy, we’re really glad that we didn’t elect Andrew Scheer, the boyish-looking Conservative leader, who promised to cut foreign aid by 25%, and put tighter limits on immigration.  And the further right-wing guy who leads the People’s Party of Canada, Maxime Bernier, who wanted to eliminate foreign aid and almost eliminate immigration, appears to have lost his own seat.

It was pointed out that we shouldn’t complete the trifecta of tousle-haired blonde extremists like the current British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and your man in charge.  I hope nobody is offended by that.  We already have two provincial Premiers, a post similar to your governors, who are junior extreme right-wingers, like Jason Kenney, the premier of Alberta, and Doug Ford, the brother of the now-deceased crackhead mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford.  We didn’t want their kind of politics at the federal level.

So that’s my opinion.  I hope nobody wishes that any harm comes to me.  Wow, that sounds old fashioned, but it’s better than something dramatic like “..wants me dead by sunrise.”

Politics, am I right?

It was pointed out that we shouldn’t complete the trifecta of tousle-haired blonde extremists 

Yes.....like Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Genghis and all those million man murders....Oh not "Blonde" enough for ya???  What a comment ! I personally would like EVERY country to PAY more aid etc....America "our hard earned money and PERSONNEL "dwarfs " every county in aid AROUND THE WORLD, THANKS !  I also support YOU having all the immigration you can stand ! Vote how YOU please, leave me and the people I support out of your post(unless Klipsch NOW approves), THANKS !

2 hours ago, Fish said:

It was pointed out that we shouldn’t complete the trifecta of tousle-haired blonde extremists 

Yes.....like Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Genghis and all those million man murders....Oh not "Blonde" enough for ya???  What a comment ! I personally would like EVERY country to PAY more aid etc....America "our hard earned money and PERSONNEL "dwarfs " every county in aid AROUND THE WORLD, THANKS !  I also support YOU having all the immigration you can stand ! Vote how YOU please, leave me and the people I support out of your post(unless Klipsch NOW approves), THANKS !

I did say I hope nobody was offended by that.  And no, I would not compare President Trump and Prime Minister Johnson with those million man murderers.  The evil they did was epically tragic.

You’re right, a foreigner should not comment on your politics, although it sometimes does have a very direct effect on our politics and our people, like how our aluminum and steel was declared a “security risk”.  Okay, don’t buy it, then.  But no, if a tariff is put on it, the “risk” disappears and the buying goes on as usual.  That kind of thing makes no sense and does nobody any good, but it was done anyway.

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that.  I don’t want to see the thread get locked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1