Velodyne HGS-10 vs SunFire Super Junior

justin_tx_16

I just got a pair of klipsch heresy's, delivered to my office friday, i hope... Anyway, i need a really small sub for them that will sound great. the two small sub I have heard and enjoyed are the Velodyne HGS-15 for $1,995 and the Sunfire Super Junior for $995. Now, they both sound great, and are both very small, especially the Junior, only a 9" cube! How would they sound with a pair of heresy's? I prefer the Sunfire due to its size and cost, is there anything better for that price that is not TOO big? The smallest SVS sub might do for the largest size i could handle.

thanks

Also, what about one of the smaller Earthquake subs for <$1,300 and the REL Q series.

These will be in a fraternity house most likely, maybe a dorm room, but 90% chance of being in a fraternity, which means volume is not an issue. in my bedroom though, not a game room or something like that.

thanks!

You knew I was about to answer huh. 9.gif

Well both the Velodyne HGS10/SPL1000 and the Mark IV are among the best compact subs you can buy,this includes the REL Q200(E).

You should not compare the Sunfire Super Junior to the HGS10 or SPL1000.As both Velodynes use a 10" active driver and are a good deal larger(even if small).

The Super Junior should be compared to its rival the Velodyne SPL800.Both 9" cubes,both in the same price range and both the best tiny nano(LOL) subs.These two are the two smallest true subs,they both play 30Hz with serious output,the Sunfire has more output.

And...

If the HGS10 interest you check the Sunfire Mark IV(same size and costs less!),the Mark IV outperforms the HGS10 on HT.The Mark IV has to be cut low to perform at its best,the HGS10 climbs better,so you can cut is higher.

The REL Q200(E) is a Sunfire Mark IV lookalike in a sealed cabinet and MOSFET power amp,less impressive on HT but more musical with tiny speakers(again if you cut the three subs at 60Hz you would be hard pressed to tell each from the other).

My choice...well the Sunfire Mark IV 9.gif

My second choice the Velo HGS10 1.gif

Yes it will unless you demand extreme output.Like I do 3.gif

To tell the truth alone the Sunfire Junior holds quite well until the RF7's start to puncture my ears.

Great two channel amp(integrated or power amp)my guess is you are looking for an integrated here.How much can you spend?I would look at Rotel and Creek,priced down to earth and perform well.

no no, not going all out here, i will do that later.

what i need right now...

Receiver Amp (stereo)

Wall Mount TV Stand (Heresy's cause magnetic interference at even 2.5 feet away)

Nice, but nothing special, DVD Player

CD Player (5 disc is more than enough, a single would be fine)

Apple iPod 10gb

I never should have sold the Marantz PM500, i knew i would rue the day. I never should have broken my 5 disc Sony DVD player (moving, it fell out of its box and crashed). I never should have had my Archos 20gb MP3 Jukebox stolen during my trumpet solo contest. I never should have given my Sony 5 Disc CD player to my brother for college. I should never have started this depressing list... LoL

Forgot to add.

I need...

A new computer

A new laptop

A new Compaw iPaq

A new monitor (22 incht CRT is just too much for college, looking at a 17" LCD w/ TV tunber)

A new printer (Epson C80 is too loud, need a laser or an HP)

A new heated blanket (Missouri will be quite cold in the winter!)

A new (etc)

Justin,

What you really need is...

A Krell MRA and two MRS In other words get a Krell dude

And you dont need no stinking laptop computer! Order two SVS Ultras,you will enjoy life more.

11.gif

iPod,I am going for the little Mac wonder myself.My Creative Jukebox and Nomad II are good for a vacation.Just get some Koss PortaPro or KSC-35,you will not regret it.Or if you want the status get the Grado SR60,audiophile quality for a song.

Well I already have the Sennhieser HD-600's and love them. need to add ...

I need a Dynamic Headphone AMP by Justin/Wilson

the dorms are heated, as are the frat houses, no ac in most dorms but the frats hav eit, though i doubt i should need it very much.

yeah, i will probably just get my old laptop back in shape, but i do need a new iPaq, my Palm IIIc is no good for me now-a-days.