March Sadness 2020

DizRotus

I expected my Spartans to be highly ranked to start the season, but please not first.

Preseason AP Top 25*

1. Michigan State (60)
2. Kentucky (2)
3. Kansas (3)
4. Duke
5. Louisville
6. Florida
7. Maryland
8. Gonzaga
9. North Carolina
10. Villanova
11. Virginia
12. Seton Hall
13. Texas Tech
14. Memphis
15. Oregon
16. Baylor
17. Utah State
18. Ohio State
19. Xavier
20. Saint Mary's (California)
21. Arizona
22. LSU
23. Purdue
24. Auburn
25. VCU

Rankings in college basketball are all but useless, due to the NCAA Tournament.  Preseason rankings are especially pointless.  Now the Spartans have nowhere to go but down, which they will after their first loss.  IMO, being undefeated going into the Tournament is not necessarily a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now, now Neil...  Dick is great w/the fans and KNOWS hoops.  He's one hyper kinda guy both doing color and anything else he does.  He never stops but yea, I get where you're comng from.  Hahaha.  I especially enjoyed all the ESECPN football hype prior to the game.  They THINK the Buckeyes are listening to all of that crap they're spewing.  Game at a time then we have to get out of Indy.  They''re ALL tough from here on out.  Iz just might have to go a lil spazoid before this one is over!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could Michigan go from unranked to #1 in the country?

It's never been done, but dang, they had a big weekend impressively knocking off #6 North Carolina and #8 Gonzaga.  They will meet possible #1 Louisville Tuesday @7p on ESPN.  Should be a good one.

• Like 2

Michigan did jump into #4 and are playing #1 Louisville.  Michigan looks like they aren't going to win this one down 13 in the second half with poor shooting but they did get the attention of the national audience.  Good for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought #5 Michigan played really well to rally to tie #10 Oregon to send it into overtime.  The Woverines could grab a late one-point lead but just couldn't get any separation down the stretch.

Tough loss, but character building, I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just leave this marinate right now.  Start out #18 now sitting at #2?  Guess Chris Holtmann can coach a bit.  Light years ahead of where we were 3 years ago.  He's got two coming in next year that are fantastic ballers.  Why do they want to come to the Football school anyway?  Won't be long and the haters are really gonna be hatin!  It's early but yea, I had to  :)