Pictures of Pets That Guard Your Place

Wolfbane

33 minutes ago, K5SS said:

Is that a Border Terrier? If it is, that is the next pup I am considering. My friends have one and she is one of the best dogs ever. 

A Norwich Terrier and yes a very good dog.  Originally bred as ratters but Jake prefers napping and eating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bichons were bred from Poodles and Spanish Water Dogs to be lap dogs for the Bourbon Dynasty.

We've had three, one of which would never bark, all of them think/thought they are cats (like to walk on curbs or fences), except for the biting, scratching and shedding. 

Our current guy's 'Backup' in training and part time shadow is shown below:

Wb

Backup.jpg

• Like 3

Handsome Rot you've got there Carl. They're my favorites... smart, loyal and strike fear into the dummies that raise their voice at their master.

Tried a German pedigreed one that had been brought back to the folks we had an agreement with a couple years after my Rot'n'Pit passed.

So this got us one months ahead of what we'd expected from those monstrous beasts they had out there. This four pound 8 week old growled at and bared it's teeth while I tried training him for about a week. Tried to get him to eat here go there.. the simple stuff you start out with. He growled, snapped and peed right there at us after being corrected and I drove him back where he came from to catch a half million fleas again. He was a bad seed. :mellow2:

We have a 12 year old pug inside, but this guy literally guards our livestock. He's not quite two, so we do keep him on a leash when not actively being monitored - he has a habit of making his way into our bird pens and helping himself to a snack. Sam the Goat dog, in a nod to the old looney tunes character.

DSCF4983.jpg

• Like 6

IMG_4241.thumb.JPG.88a6a6a0b5203058fe44064ad602b04e.JPG

Samantha, my guard dog. More like Jake, napping, eating plus belly rubs make up her day. Not much of a guard dog, we have only heard her bark twice in the two years we have had her and they were poor attempts at barking. I was recently down for the count for a few weeks and she would not leave my side. A very concerned care giver.

• Like 5

Luci Lew.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jube watch. Alert to all suspicious activity, squirrel's and lizards in particular. 

Luci.jpg

• Like 6