Pictures of Pets That Guard Your Place

Wolfbane

maybe I overstated "bite"....  he did nip/snap at ya. And he WOULD grab your hand if you touched his tail.

as a child, my folks had a GermanShepard/Alsayshun[?]

She kept us in the yard and protected. If we were playing rough with other kids, dog had to be inside.  She didn't bite... nip, yes.

we have a bevy of feline watchers now. They are very alert to things.

Except the deaf our one. She "sees" things beside not hearing much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

maybe I overstated "bite"....  he did nip/snap at ya. And he WOULD grab your hand if you touched his tail.

as a child, my folks had a GermanShepard/Alsayshun[?]

She kept us in the yard and protected. If we were playing rough with other kids, dog had to be inside.  She didn't bite... nip, yes.

we have a bevy of feline watchers now. They are very alert to things.

Except the deaf our one. She "sees" things beside not hearing much

and certainly no need to put one down.  If ever called for it's usually human failure.

• Thanks 1

I'm not talking about a nip.   If a dog attacks a child it's got to go.

Why should a dog if it was Attacked or grossly miss treated by a kid , it’s not the animals fault , it’s the kids fault if he did something wrong to the dog
someone’s view or thoughts that are so broadly put out there about if a dog nips or bite someone , and says ( it’s got to go ) how about looking at the full circumstances and what led up to the initial nip or bite
I was also raised with the full of thought of if the dog bits me because I pulled on his tail or you’re kicked him or something , which I’ve never done . my dad would ask me.
what did you do to make the dog bite you ?
I guess what I’m getting to you is don’t always blame the animals, There’s always two sides to a coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

True, but would your dad ask what did you do to your murderer to get them to murder you?  And what is the appropriate way to deal with them now?  Maybe that's the third side of the coin (the edge, lol).

Remember the Simpson's episode where Bart gets a pet elephant?  The obvious issues of keeping it led to them donating it to the animal sanctuary.  Well, good old Stampy was running amok there too so Bart asked the keeper why.  The keeper said:  some elephants are just jerks.

This is Geena. She is a rescue. She was a couple of months old when I got her. Think she's a pitt/sheperd/lab mix. not really sure. An excellent friend and companion. She watches TV with me and barks at every dog that pops up, even animated. Something about Dachounds gets her really riled up. Would not want to be on the recieving end of that.

DSC00165.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Why should a dog if it was Attacked or grossly miss treated by a kid , it’s not the animals fault , it’s the kids fault if he did something wrong to the dog
someone’s view or thoughts that are so broadly put out there about if a dog nips or bite someone , and says ( it’s got to go ) how about looking at the full circumstances and what led up to the initial nip or bite
I was also raised with the full of thought of if the dog bits me because I pulled on his tail or you’re kicked him or something , which I’ve never done . my dad would ask me.
what did you do to make the dog bite you ?
I guess what I’m getting to you is don’t always blame the animals, There’s always two sides to a coin

What if an innocent child walked by a dog without provoking it were attacked and maimed for life?  What if the mail man was delivering a package to your house and was viciously attacked?  What if the nurse going to your house to provide care to your invalid mother was maimed? 

Let me ask you this.  Say there's a drowning child and drowning dog in the water.  You can only save one, which one do you choose?

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Say there's a drowning child and drowning dog in the water.  You can only save one, which one do you choose?

love dogs; but i save the kid every time.  

as a father and grandfather, i’d hate to have to be in the position to face a person that jumped into a lake and saved the dog and let my child or grandchild drown. 

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

love dogs; but i save the kid every time.  

Of course that's the correct answer.  People tend to anthropomorphize dogs and put them on par with humans as far as the value of their lives go.  It's an absolutely ridiculous concept.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Of course that's the correct answer.  People tend to anthropomorphize dogs and put them on par with humans as far as the value of their lives go.  It's an absolutely ridiculous concept.

A fellow cyclist told me a story of an event that she claimed to have witnessed. A cyclist is riding along a suburban road; a little dog comes running out of the front yard to intercept said cyclist. The dog gets caught in the spokes of the front wheel, wherein it rides around until it encounters the fork legs. Front wheel stops instantly, throwing the cyclist over the handlebars.

Dog's owner comes running up to the scene, yelling, "Are you all right? Are you all right?" Scoops-up the dog and runs back into the house, leaving the cyclist crumpled on the road.

• Haha 1