RF7 III, Amp requirements and tuning

Lloyd17

Hey Guys

I’m writing to get some professional advice on speaker amplification and tuning.  I’ve saved up and finally purchased my dream speakers. I bought the RF7 III’s,  RC-64 III,  RP-402S and the R-115SW sub.  All running off a Marantz SR7013. I’ve just unpacked and setup my RF7’s and did audyssey and I don’t think I’m getting the best from them. Some songs sound great and other don’t.  I ensure anything I play is also 320kps.  I also don’t have an amp yet, however I know the sensitivity is pretty good with Klipsch.  Should I be manually tuning my setup without Audyssey? How important is it to buy a amp for theses puppies? I’m look at the Emotiva XPA 3 for my front stage.  Also, do they need a specific break in period to get the best sound?  I’m a newbie, so any advise is greatly appreciated.

What are you using for a receiver? 

Sorry, just noticed you mentioned the marantz. There is technically break in for woofers. What are you using for source material for the music? Keep in mind, typically a surround sound receiver will not sound as good for music as a dedicated stereo setup of equal value.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have a the same from stage. Yes, you need a 3 channel amp, IMO you have two choices: cost effective Emotiva XPA-DR3 or best option Parasound a31 (call Mark or Cory at Paducah Home Theater). Might as well also call SVS for some spade speaker cables to connect everything. For the rest of your surround speakers, juice them with a separate multi-channel amp, possibly another Emotiva. Eventually swap out that AVR for 11 channel 4k XLR processor AV/Preamp.