Now that you've been in this audio craziness for a while.....

jimjimbo

39 minutes ago, cincymat said:

I'd like an integrated amp with MM and MC phono inputs. Just to clean up my secondary system with my Heresy set up. Remote control would be nice as I'm getting lazy....

cincy

So you are adjusting to that Carolina pace?  It's not lazy, just a bit more laid back.  

Haha ... I'll buy just about anything I want as long as I can "smuggle" it past my wife.  Plus I'm "cheap," purchases mostly are less than $1,000. :D  But pretty satisfied right now ... haven't seen anything I need/want for a couple of months :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I used to purchase just about anything I wanted until I hit Social Security then reality set in---food or new hf-fi stuff. I lost 35 pounds.

JJK

I am almost in the same boat...

My wife and I will be retiring to her home country of the Philippines, mostly due to our lack of retirement income and the fact that she would love to be back closer to (some of) her family.

I certainly won't be shipping big stuff over so we will simply get what we need there. Speakers.... if I can, I will have the cabs made for some University Classics, and have the drivers shipped. Although a pair of Heresy of any model would work.

Bruce

• Like 3

Klipschorns for sure... but I'd also have to add a new house to the list as well because I don't have appropriate corners anywhere.  My wife and I looked at a nice and big place not long ago.  It was tempting as it checked a lot of boxes but it didn't have the corners where I'd want.  I didn't mention that to my wife but when she hesitated I was quick to say forget it.  

* other than being curious how another piece might sound, I’ve been through more than enough gear to have a decent idea of what to and not to expect. Going active on the Jubes will most likely be my next step.

Although I just carried in a massive 5-channel McIntosh amp on long term loan from my stepson, who has also offered his 3-channel Mc

processor/preamp. And with an 80 inch TV in the next month or two, replacing the 65, and LaScalas as rears, I just may dip my toe in a surround setup. We’ll see how a McIntosh rig driving Jube/LS  can do — 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

* other than being curious how another piece might sound, I’ve been through more than enough gear to have a decent idea of what to and not to expect. Going active on the Jubes will most likely be my next step.

Although I just carried in a massive 5-channel McIntosh amp on long term loan from my stepson, who has also offered his 3-channel Mc

processor/preamp. And with an 80 inch TV in the next month or two, replacing the 65, and LaScalas as rears, I just may dip my toe in a surround setup. We’ll see how a McIntosh rig driving Jube/LS  can do — 

Isn't an 80 inch TV kind of like a stretch limo?

JJK

I have had all the Heritage except KHorns and the newer La Scalas and Cornwalls and Heresys. I have had a ton of different pro gear and the only speakers that interest me now are larger pro speakers.  

Roy had a QSC 4 channel Cinema amp he was using in his listening room that he really liked the sound of. I would like to get one of those to try.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:02 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Man, this is a good question. I'm currently content:

I wanted La Scalas, have them.

I wanted an early gen ATI amp, have it (even if it's a bit fussy).

I wanted big efficient subs, have them.

Still would like to try the 396's or Jubes in my home setup to see how they sound. And I'd love to have a Leben amp some day, but I'm absolutely hovering on my personal threshold for diminishing returns unless the aforementioned items land in my lap with some amazing prices.

3 days later and the gears are turning..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1