Klipsch Console - $30000 (Indianapolis)

opusk2k9

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

Really wish people would learn that rarity and provenance does not equate guaranteed value when selling literally anything...

Tell me that whe you have something rare with prevance that could be worth some money and you go to sell it. I'd say it usually does warrant a higher value but I do agree $30k is deep sea fishing territory.

Always start high as you can go down but not up....

2 minutes ago, seti said:

Tell me that whe you have something rare with prevance that could be worth some money and you go to sell it. I'd say it usually does warrant a higher value but I do agree $30k is deep sea fishing territory.

Um.

I have.

Many times.

Provenance and rarity does not equate value.  This is literally Museum Studies 101 stuff.

• Like 2

Not trying to resurrect an old topic, but $30K is JBL Paragon territory.  

That was as stylish as it was functional, much moreso than the Klipsch setup.  

Not sure if the Klipsch console was a truly integrated design, as was the Paragon.  

I do not need either, and could not afford either anyway.  

Still wonder why, if speaker placement is crucial to listening experience, one would get a system in which the speakers are immobile.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Really wish people would learn that rarity and provenance does not equate guaranteed value when selling literally anything...

Sorry, but not true.  Perhaps not "guaranteed value", but certainly much higher adjusted value, if you know anything about the antique furniture, rare books, or rare wine markets......just to name a few.  In those, rarity and provenance are absolutely everything.

Sorry, but not true.  Perhaps not "guaranteed value", but certainly much higher adjusted value, if you know anything about the antique furniture, rare books, or rare wine markets......just to name a few.  In those, rarity and provenance are absolutely everything.
Jim, please.
In some cases that's true, but a far cry from "everything." People like to think that just because they have a story to something that it's more important and valuable than it really is. I see it all the time. Again, in some cases that's true, but it's hardly "everything." It's barely even "some."

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hardly any antique but certainly a unique piece of history. Not getting a good sense of the size. Larger than the Stadium just looking..

More information about the prototype would be wanted to play lace a value on unit. Paperwork, spec sheet that may not exist. Guess Abit of  cutting edge idea for the time, like the Stadium.  Worth maybe the 3k if pristine.

Hard to justify terribly more!?!.

• Moderators

Well you have come to the right place if you want Klipsch information.

The Museum Curator,  Jim Hunter, was the Product Manager for that unit. He knows everything about it, how many protos are out there, what's in the protos, etc.  

Put a question in the Ask the Historian section of this Forum and I am sure he will answer any questions he is allowed to.

Should we get one of these in working condition for the Museum?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Well you have come to the right place if you want Klipsch information.

The Museum Curator,  Jim Hunter, was the Product Manager for that unit. He knows everything about it, how many protos are out there, what's in the protos, etc.  

Put a question in the Ask the Historian section of this Forum and I am sure he will answer any questions he is allowed to.

Should we get one of these in working condition for the Museum?

Was just thinking about the Historian...

On 10/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, opusk2k9 said:

- $30,000 OBO
- No trades
- Cash Only

I do get a kick that he wants $30K cash only....  

So, I'm going to go to the bank, withdrawal $30K in cash....  preferably unmarked $10's and $20's....  the bank is going to put me onto an IRS report for a huge cash withdrawal....

Meet the seller somewhere, he's got the box in his (presumably) truck....  I've got a suitcase full of greenbacks, just like in the movies.  HE THEN, will also have one of those cash-deposit flags submitted on his behalf to the IRS (unless he keeps the cash under his pillow and dribbles it out a bill or three at a time)

Sounds like a flawless transaction to me, nothing can go wrong.

Unless of course, Guido the pimp shows up....  then it might get complicated.  Guido (and my apologies to all pimps out there named Guido) might want to audition some Marie Osmond on the unit or, get very very upset.

• Haha 2

Does anyone know a guy named Matt Gritzer?
This is the guy selling this thing and he says he worked for Klipsch for 17 plus years
Not saying he did not. I keep trying to explain to him that he is way off base about his asking price. And I made him a offer,
And this is what he wrote back to me
First off this is the very same thing I said to him last week when he told me that it’s worth 30k and he has soooooo many people wanting to buy it. Lol
1b4de16a8905a87ccf4df94bc88e31a4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk