Klipsch Console - $30000 (Indianapolis)

opusk2k9

• Moderators
6 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Does anyone know a guy named Matt Gritzer?
This is the guy selling this thing and he says he worked for Klipsch for 17 plus years
Not saying he did not. I keep trying to explain to him that he is way off base about his asking price. And I made him a offer,
And this is what he wrote back to me
First off this is the very same thing I said to him last week when he told me that it’s worth 30k and he has soooooo many people wanting to buy it. Lol
1b4de16a8905a87ccf4df94bc88e31a4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I know him, yes he worked at Klipsch, for Jim Hunter.

Again, the Historian was the Product Manger (in charge of all aspects top to bottom, subject only to top management and accountants) for this product, he can tell you who got the approximately dozen (or less) protos, what proto they got, what it was meant to be originally, what it ended up being, and why it died.

If someone hasn't posted in his section they should, he can answer all your questions and more.

Travis

• Like 1

I have a correction to make on this guys length of time that he was employed with Klipsch it was not what I said the first time ,it was it was only nine years my apologies

So now maybe he will stop the B/S emails he is sending me. Lol
I still stand firm on what I said about his thoughts of how much he thinks it’s worth
So who ever wants to buy a door stop for 3K
Please do so. And have fun. And as the saying goes. It’s worth what someone will pay for it

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 2:20 PM, carlthess40 said:

I have a correction to make on this guys length of time that he was employed with Klipsch it was not what I said the first time ,it was it was only nine years my apologies

So now maybe he will stop the B/S emails he is sending me. Lol
I still stand firm on what I said about his thoughts of how much he thinks it’s worth
So who ever wants to buy a door stop for 3K
Please do so. And have fun. And as the saying goes. It’s worth what someone will pay for it

I actually think it's really inappropriate that you are trashing this guy and his ask.  He can ask whatever he wants to, and if you have a problem with it, then take it up with him personally, and there's no need to air your supposed grievances with a former employee here on the forum.   Bad form. 

Consoles are fun ... redid a Telefunken console 6+ months ago (OK; not fished yet). Put RF-3 speakers in it plus a Marantz 2252B, Oppo player and a Marantz turntable. Sounds pretty good. But; it really is a 1950's concept ... no way I would pay big bucks for an outdated Klipsch console ... especially one with black plastic veneer/formica. Sorry; pic is from seller when I bought it ... tried to show more pics, but am stuck with the upload limit ... now 61kB (haha; far from 2MB) :D   

https://images.offerup.com/gGQQn1t7YkhfQ-jDyb4wDG52PKg=/600x450/d158/d158cccca97b4135960667edbfe496c5.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 9:03 PM, Emile said:

Consoles are fun ... redid a Telefunken console 6+ months ago (OK; not fished yet). Put RF-3 speakers in it plus a Marantz 2252B, Oppo player and a Marantz turntable. Sounds pretty good. But; it really is a 1950's concept ... no way I would pay big bucks for an outdated Klipsch console ... especially one with black plastic veneer/formica. Sorry; pic is from seller when I bought it ... tried to show more pics, but am stuck with the upload limit ... now 61kB (haha; far from 2MB) :D   

https://images.offerup.com/gGQQn1t7YkhfQ-jDyb4wDG52PKg=/600x450/d158/d158cccca97b4135960667edbfe496c5.jpg

That is beautiful. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 11/2/2019 at 2:52 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Target price of 6k to 7.5k. Thanks for sharing.   Did this ever come out or did it remain a concept? 

That what it started out at, and then to 10K, according to the Historian, it was supposed to be supposed to be somewhere between 10 to 20K, but I guess it kept growing and I supposed just not deemed feasible. 

Those prototypes were all hand made in Hope, all wood, piano lacquer finish, some were much more Heritage looking.

Travis

• Like 2