Klipsch Console - $30000 (Indianapolis)

opusk2k9

On 11/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, Emile said:

Consoles are fun ... redid a Telefunken console 6+ months ago (OK; not fished yet). Put RF-3 speakers in it plus a Marantz 2252B, Oppo player and a Marantz turntable. Sounds pretty good. But; it really is a 1950's concept ... no way I would pay big bucks for an outdated Klipsch console ... especially one with black plastic veneer/formica. Sorry; pic is from seller when I bought it ... tried to show more pics, but am stuck with the upload limit ... now 61kB (haha; far from 2MB) :D   

https://images.offerup.com/gGQQn1t7YkhfQ-jDyb4wDG52PKg=/600x450/d158/d158cccca97b4135960667edbfe496c5.jpg

Emile - I'm hoping you will post pics of what you did with the console.  Please open the top and show us!  I'm jealous.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the Klipsch HQ in Indy a few years ago and saw a lot of prototypes and interesting stuff they were working on. They have a very nice CNC wood shop, and can build anything. I did see a nice all wood console, probably 6+' long, full of speakers and electronics. It was raw wood, not stained yet. There was a section by the loading dock full of speakers and odds and ends, just waiting for someone to take them or they were going in the dumpster. I guess I should've been greedy.

• 2 weeks later...

Being in sales my whole life, I don’t think of any sale like “this is impossible”. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? No.

Just because a mid-level guy like myself can’t  afford it (wouldn’t buy it if I could) doesn’t mean some one out there with deeper pockets than I, wouldn’t/won’t. As the old saying goes “there’s an a*s for every seat”.

With that all said, market dictates the price. With the ever expanding amount of digital information pouring into the web every second, consumers have more information at their fingertips every minute than all of human history the minute before it. 

Has anyone thought that a thread like this might not have is helping/helped the sale? When a potential consumer searches  for this exact model, this thread is bound to pop up especially if it as rare as all of you knowledgeable folks say it is.

And yes, some of you are audio dictionaries. Bravo! 

You could also look at this as trying save someone out there from overpaying for something deemed as “rare” or “historic” etc. 

I, like most still reading, like threads like this. Conversations like this make us more and more informed, along with everyone who ever clicks this thread for the years to come. Strange, isn’t it?