No Klipsch...but somebody, please, grab this!!

Mighty Favog

Forget the stereo.  I want the camera that took those excellent photos.

But seriously, with the Marantz receiver, the JBL speakers and a turntable, $299 seams like a deal.

FWIW, as a child we often stopped at an A&W in Morrow, OH as we traveled between Wyoming, OH and Cowan Lake.

4 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

I'm gonna guess and say they're L55's. Worth? I dunno....

I was going to guess the L100 but a quick Google search determined that is not what they are.

If it's the L55 I seem to remember some problems with them.  I think the surrounds completely disintegrate and need to be refoamed.  Ditto for that convoluted orange grill.

There was something else off about them regarding the sound, but I can't remember.  Boomy bass maybe?  Delicate tweeter?

If I could get them for $300 and flip them for $1000 that would be worth my time.  Otherwise, not interested.

I'll not be able to research them tonight, too tired.  The racquetball from 7a to about noon.  I'll check the boards while I'm playing and see if you guys come up with any recommendations.  I would not buy them to keep them, I like my Klipsch. 

I answered the post yesterday, 45 mins after it went up. Already pending lol. I don't know why it was up for so long afterward. Good deal for someone. The woofers are really nice, tweets okay, but not really the best two-way speaker. Definitely worth it for the Marantz thrown in. Oh well! Tweets might be blown anyways. 

• Like 1