How rare are original K77 AlNiCo Tweeters?

HornyWoofer

Woofers sounded good. Mids sounded good. One tweeter missing and the one that is intact not firing. did not test it yet though. Not sure if it is the tweeter or crossover.  Will play with them some more when I have the time. I am thinking mostly original restoration. Can go from there if I don't like the sound.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I betcha the tweeter was removed at that school and it is lying there somewhere ,as they tried to repair it - some of these tweeters have matching consecutive  serial number

Make sure to

loosens retightrn crossover teeter connect ions and same to tweeter end...

• Like 1

Correct Billybob , these are early ones and woofer is a project to get to. Will Ohm test it just for haha's but they sound excellent.  Mids both sound phenomenal.  And would most likely guess since both tweeters have issues they were overdriven at one time. One was probably removed to look for service parts or something. Taking my time on deciding tweeter replacement. Also deciding if I want to re-lacquer the cabinets eventually.  Figuring out what to do to clean up mid horns.  Maybe disassemble them  Paint the cast horns and put new gaskets. Have to look into it more. Yea Randyh AA crossovers are intact. Not modified at all. Bass speakers and mids running fine through the crossover. Next step will be most likely to put in new Tweeters and see whats up.

Haven't committed to a finish yet. I could get away with stripping them and stay with the birch plywood. Seems difficult to do resurfacing in the bass section behind the triangle shape. Was also thinking about veneer for a very fine look.  But I was thinking since the production code was LS BB why try to change them.