Upgrading Hersey II’s

CuriousJim

4 hours ago, angelaudio said:

I'm not saying I necessarily dislike titanium drivers. I'm merely pointing out that I don't necessarily see it as an improvement with regard to the Heresy III. The latest Klipschorn (which is their heirloom speaker) utilizes phenolic / polyimide tweeters, so does that mean the Klipschorn is somehow inferior? The point I'm making is that it would be nice if constructive comparisons were made instead of assuming somehow the HII is inferior to the HIII as the OP seems to imply. What I've gathered in these forums are a lot of assumptions. If the Heresy III is an improvement of the HII, it would be nice to hear some constructive comparisons from others as to why, rather than just some hype others keep parroting in the forums. 

I had a very late pair of Heresy built weeks prior to the H2 so as current as the H ever got and I had two sets of H3 I modified all the Heresy versions that I had, the H3 ate up the H. I have upgraded Quartet, Forte , Forte2, KLF20  all to ti mids and tweeters the change takes them to where they cannot go with phenolic diaphragms. I would have been even happier had they made the change to aluminum but ti  does not work harden and if you over drive and slap the phase plug ti pretty much is un phased and just carries on while aluminum either cracks right away or over time either way it cracks.

Heirloom are just that and they want to preserve the quality and character as much and as closely as possible they are not an attempt at a sota razors edge product. The hype is not hype it is true I am sure of it I have hot hears an H4 but I would not bet a nickle it is not better than an H3! Believe what you will. If you can get the chance do some listening around and you will see what I am saying is so. That's not to say you won't find a man who would not trade his H or even an older H700  or what ever but the progression of product quality has been commendable, after all Roy has been here a long time and Roy was very close to PWK. Here is another true-ism "bigger is better" I would very much like to hear a CW4, even more than that I would like to hear a Chorus 3 as a two way with a large format compression driver.

If you really want to get the content that you are looking for delve into the archives it's in there.

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I believe you’re thinking of Medusa.

4AE45157-BEC7-4DD9-BB62-F67E72B35FF5.jpeg

You bet but don't you start now I have snakes and all sorts of nasty things that bite at my disposal and can crawl under the door. And I have 300 years experience with sort of thing so don't push your luck I have been very nice so far.