Wireless streaming stereo receiver for living room? Ideas?

avguytx

On 11/2/2019 at 2:16 AM, YK Thom said:

You don’t seem to want to spend any money or particularly care what is there. Just buy a blue tooth speaker, perhaps a Klipsch Three or Bose Sound Touch or SoundLink and be done with it.

Overall, this pretty much sums it up so that's the route I went.  I did want to see if others might have done something basic in another room for my comparison purposes.  But at the end of the day, I kept it simple.  I already had an older Yamaha surround receiver that I used to use in the garage in our other house so I tucked that in the lower cabinet and used a BTMagic device I had bought on an Amazon deal awhile back that has Optic  input and output.  So,  it works like a champ and sounds great on a pair of a/d/s L300C bookshelf speakers.  WE had two older Samsung Tab 8 tablets so I delegated one of those to use for connection to the BT receiver and set the volume on the receiver to a certain "limit" and the tablet controls the main volume.  

Easy peasy.  One day, I might still get a smaller amp versus a larger full size receiver but, for now, there will be tunes in the living room.  Now to figure out why my Dish Hopper 3's BT output isn't connecting to it so TV output can work.  Thanks again for everyone's input.

• Like 2