Marelyn

The only person that knows the value will be the person that buys them.  ;)  Value depends on location and demand.  The Tangent series was lesser grade cabinets (lighter) and used similar components to Fortes and Heresys.  Decently good speakers but not in major demand.  Might be hard selling a single 400 unless they are using it for a center channel or buying it for parts only.  Never know, though.

• Like 1

Going to take a stab without more pics to say 400 for the 500's if in excellent condition and 200 for a set fit for garage duty being as not nice enough for the living room area... Same for the 400's divided by 2 Or 4 based on same condition s as stated above... this is ballpark estimate based on what you are saying. Looks are one thing, sound from speakers all work in correctly is another factor in price. Location as stated... another... welcome and GLWS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, avguytx said:

Where are you located?  Maybe others will chime in.  I looked on ebay at completed auctions for Klipsch Tangent and there were none.  There are some listings but listed price has nothing to do with what they will sell for.

I'm in north vegas. Thank you. 

Edited by Marelyn
Thank you.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:57 PM, Marelyn said:

(2) Tangent Klipsch 500 a 400. Does anyone know the value of these speakers. They were bought new a long time ago. Great shape.

The two speakers have the main three drivers that are the same (woofer/mid/tweeter). The main difference being the 400 has ports while the 500 uses a passive radiator to tune the cabinet. The 400 uses the exact same parts as the Heresy II, including the crossover, and I will go on a limb and say the 500 probably does as well. With the passive and slightly larger cabinet, the 500 has a response of 35Hz-20kHz +/-3 db. The 400 is 38Hz-20kHz +/-3 db.  I have a note that lists the T-500 at MSRP $800/

Other than the vinyl and not quite as well built cabinets, they are both really nice speakers. Not to rain on anyone's parade, a close friend of mine got a nice pair of T-400s for $200 about 10 years ago. It will all depend on where you live and what anyone wants.

I think they are really nice (I have Heresy IIs) The tangents were built for military base exchanges and surely introduced a lot of people to Klipsch.

• Like 1

Except for loose and saggy front grill cloth, I sold a pair of the 500's in decent shape to a member here for 200... nice shape.  Thought you could try them at 400 for the 500's due to your location. If no interest, down to 300. As said, if in nice condition. The 400 single at 200 just to gauge interest. Can always come down to 100. Also, without more pics, just a guess as to what the real value could be.

We have long realized the value of the speaker parts and components in these speakers so, anything else just ask... GLWS 😊