Large Klipsch and Mcintosh Item Sale

devinsanders

Hello Klipsch Community,

I am currently In the process of helping my grandparents sell and appraise many of the items that my great-grandfather had obtain over the years. He passed recently and they have decided to sell the large collection of Klipsch speakers and Mcintosh equipment that he had left for them. I really need help finding buyers for these items and help also figuring out fair prices to sell them at. 

Klipsch Collection Includes:

Pair of Klipschorn speakers (Model: K-D-FR) (1969)

One Cornwall III Speaker (1970's)

Mcintosh Collection Includes: 

One FM Tuner (MR71)

One Solid State Pre Amplifier (c.26)

Digital Dynamic Stereo Power Amplifier (MC7270)

Performance Indicator (MI-3)

MCD 7000 Compact Disc Player 

Other Items:

RekOkurt K-34H turntable

Ampex 1450 Tape Recorder

Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1

I have Photos I can share and I could give more info. Any and all help would be appreciated in pricing these items. Searching for Interested buyers! Would be willing to work out a deal for a bulk purchase. 

Link to view photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LTsHFd6AqOgOUPWSJIiyNy4FTbB-AMUO

Located for Pick-up in Orange, Tx (near Beaumont)

Thanks,

Devin

Edited by devinsanders

14 minutes ago, devinsanders said:

All the Audio gear is in Orange, Tx. My grandparents and I have been commuting to Orange from Huntsville, where we live, on the weekends getting my great-grandfathers house ready to sell

That's about 20 minutes from me.

Nice, good luck! I see another McIntosh amp not listed; bottom left?
Clear photos of the glass and bezels would be nice. Actually, if it were me (and it's not), I would remove everything except the turntable from the console, clean off the dust and take a lot of photos from all sides.

Any thoughts on when everything was powered up and used last?

12 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Nice, good luck! I see another McIntosh amp not listed; bottom left?
Clear photos of the glass and bezels would be nice. Actually, if it were me (and it's not), I would remove everything except the turntable from the console, clean off the dust and take a lot of photos from all sides.

Any thoughts on when everything was powered up and used last?

I'll take that advice next time I get a chance to go over there. not sure about the amp to the left of the 7270. also not sure when they were last powered up. My great grand father was very meticulous about his audio equipment. he build the console that all the mcintosh gear the the turntables reside in.

Some grading structure from a well known company that stands behind what they sell. https://www.audioclassics.com/grade. I would pay much less from an individual that I didn't know or at least view / audition in person.
Look at https://www.hifishark.com/ they have asking price, completed / sold

Understand that if you were to ship any Mc equipment the buyer would probably demand that you use a factory shipping carton from either McIntosh or Audio Classic. If you don't use the factory crate I would bet that 99.85% of the time the glass will be broken. Typical cost of each crate was $50-75.

https://tmraudio.com/ will make you an offer based on your ability to state condition, photos and if not as described they will charge you the shipping back and forth or negotiate a price. I found them fair. They will require factory crates either purchased by you or them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hogwylde09 said:

Will be watching for prices along with Carl..

If time permits I may run over this weekend and have a look.  It all depends on the progress my son in law made on his bathroom remodel this week.  I may end up going to Houston instead and help him tile.  I won't probably know till Friday.