Site upload limit ... was 2MB ... now much much less

Emile

Hi All,

Don't think I am the only one that is having this problem :(  Upload to this server used to be max 2MB ... for whatever reason it seems to get smaller and smaller :(  Last 5 times I tried it told me "you are only allowed" 530/450/320/240/122kB (haha; only last number is "actual").  Used to be able to take a pic, crunch it a bit with Microsoft Photo to get it below 2MB ... now I have to use another program to get it into the 100 KILOBYTE size ... just annoying :( 

Maybe @Chad can enlighten us (or me if it is just "my problem).

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Emile said:

Old post ... closed browser, etc ... but now down to 10.24 KILO bytes :(  Just cannot post anything from a file ... mysteriously, I can post external pics way over my 10kb limit ?????? @Chad  ???

Each forum member is allowed a total of 146.48 MBs to post pictures. You must have reached your limit.

You need to delete some of your previous pictures you've posted to gain back some MBs. Click your name in the upper right, then click 'My Attachments'. To the right of each picture listed is a white square box. Select ones you want to delete, then you'll see a trash can icon.

Page 1 that comes up has the most recent posts. Go back to the highest page for the earliest of posts. Those should be easier to discard.

• Thanks 1

So old posts will no longer have the attachments?  I was wondering if perhaps users have a "photo album" here which is separate from post attachments and perhaps his were getting placed in the album first, and linked-to from there or something, instead of merely being a post attachment.  I believe a few users are renowned for attached images and have not had such troubles?

• Like 1

Sorry glens, missed your post first time around.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:56 PM, glens said:

So old posts will no longer have the attachments?

Yes. Quite a few old posts don't need a pic anymore. If a picture is needed in one of your old posts and is a big file, you could do a switch.

Save the originally posted pic from the forum. It will be a smaller size than when originally posted. Now delete the fat MB pic in 'My Attachments'. Post the recently saved pic into the thread again using 'edit'. You'll then have the same picture using less MBs.

I was wondering if perhaps users have a "photo album" here which is separate from post attachments and perhaps his were getting placed in the album first, and linked-to from there or something, instead of merely being a post attachment.

Not sure how the Gallery works.

I believe a few users are renowned for attached images and have not had such troubles?

I think some folks use an external website for hosting pictures which can then be copied and posted here.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, Rivernuggets said:

Each forum member is allowed a total of 146.48 MBs to post pictures.

Wow! That is a lot of available memory for the 100Kb (average) picture files that I post. Thanks @Chad

On 12/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, glens said:

I believe a few users are renowned for attached images and have not had such troubles?

I want to be one of those. 🙂  I've never had trouble with anything on the Klipsch forum.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 4:38 PM, Emile said:

@Rivernuggets ... Thank you SIR ... AWESOME!

Sure not many people know about this upper posting limit :(  Should help quite a few of us.  And great tip keeping the pics in the 100kb range :D  

Many thanks, Emile

Emile,

Try the picture hosting method in my signature at the bottom of this post.  You can host as many pictures as you like, in unlimited sizes.  Much easier than trying to resize pics, and try to "fit them in" with an upload limit.

• Thanks 1

Through the years many old forum(s) threads have been ruined by image hosting sites disappearing or changing their terms of service, etc.  It's always best to upload an image directly, even if it means a little hoop-jumping and/or careful consideration of the necessity of an image at all.

• Like 1

Picture limits make no sense at all given how cheap storage is now. For the $200 bucks I've previously offered to send them so they could buy a new hard drive, I could probably provide enough memory to host every pic posted here for the next 200 years. Cheap bastards.

• Haha 2

I can't agree with my buddy Thebes' rant about picture file size.  I love him anyway of course.

People are not exercising the sense that God gave a goose.

Modern cameras create huge files and then people think they should post them with no consideration for technical limitations.  

The 100 kB figure is probably a pretty good example of how small they should be before posting.  Maybe a lot less.  

I've long suggested that anyone open their picture in MS Paint. Big files will fill 10 screens there. 

All you have to do is resize to something which fills the screen in MS Paint. and no more  It is all that the forum will show on anyone's browser screen.  

Happy New Year.

WMcD

• Like 3