Site upload limit ... was 2MB ... now much much less

Emile

11 hours ago, WMcD said:

People are not exercising the sense that God gave a goose.

Modern cameras create huge files and then people think they should post them with no consideration for technical limitations.  

The 100 kB figure is probably a pretty good example of how small they should be before posting. 

All you have to do is resize to something which fills the screen in MS Paint. and no more  It is all that the forum will show on anyone's browser screen.  

Happy New Year.

WMcD

You hit the bulls eye. A free app to resize digital image files is just a couple clicks away. 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, Khornukopia said:

Your linked picture hosting site may be a good one, but I wonder why, when I research some older forum threads, the "PhotoBucket" pictures are all blurry.

That's because Photobucket held a mass "stickup", demanding money from their constituency before they allowed the pictures to be used any longer.  Pirates abound...

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 1/4/2020 at 4:33 PM, Randyh said:

they dont need a new 200$ hard drive , they need a new server or a new provider -

Mostly right. It's the server. We can add additional storage to the current server but I'd rather move the forums to a newer server first. Unfortunately, given that I'm the only web guy here, and with other budgetary concerns, it's very very low on the priority list at this time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, Chad said:

Mostly right. It's the server. We can add additional storage to the current server but I'd rather move the forums to a newer server first. Unfortunately, given that I'm the only web guy here, and with other budgetary concerns, it's very very low on the priority list at this time.

See! I knew it was a conspiracy.

• Administrators
On 1/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, codewritinfool said:

Why can't we have a gofundme for a new server, if @Chad specs it?

While I truly appreciate that, that would not be necessary. The resource issue has more to do with time than money. Thank you though. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Chad said:

I'd prefer that when funding and time are available, you use Intel based hardware. Help keep my factory busy!

• Like 1