World Series?

DizRotus

Congrats to the Nats, the better team won. 

I'm still pissed that they pulled Grienke.  He was only around 80 pitches and looked fantastic.  If anyone should have come in for him it was Cole.  What are you saving him for????  The team he'll play for next year?  Why put in Harris when Hinch said the day before that he was gassed?  I understand that there were too many men left on, that's on the batters but pitching changes cost them dearly.  Again, congrats to the Nats, they did what they needed to do and Houston didn't.

What an improbable story.

Nats started the season 19-31, had to win the wildcard game, repeatedly came from behind in games and in series to get to the World Series as the heavy underdog. Then, for the first time ever, home field advantage is replaced by visitor’s advantage.

The Astros won in 2017, this incarnation of the Nats never, the DC team last won it all in 1924. They were due.

Thanks for that note and site.  I did not know that, and I'm not sure I saw him play although I only saw 2 games.  It's tricky playing baseball in the winter up here ... we have to use orange balls.  Same with golf.  In the fall when all the leaves drop, those dang balls I shoot out of bounds become even harder to find!