deqx jubilee

rosey

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

We really need to get more young people involved in the hobby.

I'm under the impression young people don't have hobbies apart from social media and/or "gaming".

40 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Somewhere along the way I went from being "the young guy" to being "the old guy", and nobody told me when it happened.

You too?

Can I trade my 60 year old body for two 30 year old bodies?

First, be careful, it could well be a downgrade.  Beyond that, I don't think I'd want to have very much more future the way things are going.  I feel that perhaps my dad's generation (born in '36) likely had the best of it.  He could mail-order guns as a kid, buy a 1/4 stick of dynamite (as a kid) at the hardware store, drink when he was 18 (I got in on the tail end of that), etc.  Hell, nowadays kids can't even bring a stinkin' pocket knife to school, or say "that chick's hot" anymore.  Plus, all this "everyone gets a trophy for participating" B.S....

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Can I trade my 60 year old body for two 30 year old bodies?

Greg... while my wife was teaching in Nanchang, China (second from the left in the pic), I showed this pic to one of my co-workers. He asked if he could trade a 40 (his wife) for two 20s.

1514706467_Carna_andStudents.thumb.jpg.03cc3b6b00a0c7edbe85895c1d7a888f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, glens said:

Just going by direct experience in making it, so while it might not be your experience, it's by no means false.  It's based on roughly half a dozen sub-thirty-year-olds.

To each his or her own. I know quite a few people in the 50 or so age range that fit that description much better.  

21 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Greg... while my wife was teaching in Nanchang, China (second from the left in the pic), I showed this pic to one of my co-workers. He asked if he could trade a 40 (his wife) for two 20s.

1514706467_Carna_andStudents.thumb.jpg.03cc3b6b00a0c7edbe85895c1d7a888f.jpg

Two points to be made, and they're both true:  40 is the perfect age for a good woman, and from here all those women look to be twenty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

To each his or her own. I know quite a few people in the 50 or so age range that fit that description much better.  

Look at me, working, sleeping, and hanging out here...  But it's anti-riding season here in the Midwest, so there's that.

26 minutes ago, glens said:

Two points to be made, and they're both true:  40 is the perfect age for a good woman, and from here all those women look to be twenty.

My wife was 45 when that pic was taken... 😁   but you are certainly correct about the students.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, mark1101 said:

I don't think 2 or 3 way has as much to do about it anymore.

I'm basing my impression based on Side by Side comparisons of 12 plus years ago. Nothing is absolute for me either. I'm sure I would have been as impressed as you,  had I heard same.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 4:36 PM, glens said:

Just going by direct experience in making it, so while it might not be your experience, it's by no means false.  It's based on roughly half a dozen sub-thirty-year-olds.

In life, one must always allow for the EXCEPTIONAL, which does not negate a general observation. There are more earphones than speakers sold and used each day, by orders of magnitude. WestCoastDrums is speaking about the exceptional, as,  I'm sure he' part of that small, distinguished group of young people.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:03 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm sure he' part of that small, distinguished group of young people.

Unfortunately.   Wish I could find more around my age group that are passionate about the hobby.  Local to me, even better.   It's OK, I'm well aware of subculture aspect and more than content with it.   Glad to covert anyone I can. 

Younger folks from 20 to mid 40s perhaps have more financial distractions with raising kids, and getting settled in a career. And, while we presently have a higher employment rate, we have a higher percentage of people who aren't making a living wage, keeping them from having/enjoying relatively expensive hobbies or pursuits like speakers, audio, etc.

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Younger folks from 20 to mid 40s perhaps have more financial distractions with raising kids, and getting settled in a career. And, while we presently have a higher employment rate, we have a higher percentage of people who aren't making a living wage, keeping them from having/enjoying relatively expensive hobbies or pursuits like speakers, audio, etc.

Good points.  I know I am not the norm. People from my generation in general that I know are terrible with finances 

• 3 weeks later...