Klipsch Epic Cf-3 V1 in walnut

mardigraspete

One owner and in great shape. There are two defects that i can see, three small circles on one speaker from a bottle of oil the kids put on it and a scratch on the plastic low on the other.

They actually look worse in the pictures. I've since worked on the spots and they're just about gone. Everything is original except for new grill fabric. Inside the speaker are the clear jacketed monster style wire.I'm also missing one of the plastic feet that cover the carpet spikes. These also come with a matching KV-4 center channel. It's been in storage for a while and worked fine last time i used it. I haven't tested it though. These are the best speakers that i have owned and after 25 years it's time for a change. They sound great, some of the best Klipsch have made. Local pickup only in the Baton Rouge, La area. $525.00

speaker1.jpg

Speaker2.jpg

speaker3.jpg

speaker4b.jpg

speaker4a.jpg

1014191534a.jpg

1014191535c.jpg

speaker7.jpg

speaker9.jpg

speaker8.jpg

speaker10.jpg

1014191535c.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome price ... someone better get these FAST :D 

Got a pair of these (OK; version 2) a couple of months ago.  Think they are the BEST speakers Klipsch ever made - except maybe the CF-4 and the larger PRO stuff. Actually, power handling is in the pro range ... 250W, 1250W peak. Had them powered with a vintage Marantz 1060 (30wpc) and they sounded great. Switched to a Kenwood C2/M2 (220wpc) combo and now they sound magnificent. Brochure is here ... http://images.klipsch.com/Brochure_940900_epic_635164772854408000.pdf 

GLWS :)  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cody_Mack said:

Put me in line as very interested. I also can do weekend pickup, if still available.

Good luck to buyer and seller.  Let's hope you guys can work out the details and keep those in a Klipsch house where they will be much loved.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cody_Mack said:

Put me in line as very interested. I also can do weekend pickup, if still available.

Rick

Rick if you are not interested in the KV-4 and are driving through Beaumont on you way back I will gladly buy it from you.

3 hours ago, Emile said:

Awesome price ... someone better get these FAST :D 

Got a pair of these (OK; version 2) a couple of months ago.  Think they are the BEST speakers Klipsch ever made - except maybe the CF-4 and the larger PRO stuff. Actually, power handling is in the pro range ... 250W, 1250W peak. Had them powered with a vintage Marantz 1060 (30wpc) and they sounded great. Switched to a Kenwood C2/M2 (220wpc) combo and now they sound magnificent. Brochure is here ... http://images.klipsch.com/Brochure_940900_epic_635164772854408000.pdf 

GLWS :)  

I agree with all of that. Like no other I have heard, and I have heard pretty much all of them in the Consumer line. Loving my CF-4s with a Parasound A21. The Will Vincent Baldwin, at 27 wpc sounds marvelous, but it can run out of gas leaving you wanting more. And these are the first Klipsch speakers where I finally experience that powerful yet toned mid-bass folks rave about. My only disclaimer is that I have not yet heard the KLFs, and I am really Jonesin to do that! Right, @teaman?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i've basically owned 2 pairs of speakers, a pair of heresy's in the 80's and these epic's bought in 94. And every speaker i've heard since don't sound any better to me.

I've been looking at speakers seriously for the last several months and everything i listen to i go nope no better than what i have, especially anywhere near its price range.

If i wasn't downsizing and just looking for a change i would keep them. They are really great sounding speakers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mardigraspete said:

i've basically owned 2 pairs of speakers, a pair of heresy's in the 80's and these epic's bought in 94. And every speaker i've heard since don't sound any better to me.

I've been looking at speakers seriously for the last several months and everything i listen to i go nope no better than what i have, especially anywhere near its price range.

If i wasn't downsizing and just looking for a change i would keep them. They are really great sounding speakers

Greetings Mardigraspete,

Well done on the pics you posted as well.  What other speakers have you listened to in your search to replace them?

22 hours ago, Cody_Mack said:

I agree with all of that. Like no other I have heard, and I have heard pretty much all of them in the Consumer line. Loving my CF-4s with a Parasound A21. The Will Vincent Baldwin, at 27 wpc sounds marvelous, but it can run out of gas leaving you wanting more. And these are the first Klipsch speakers where I finally experience that powerful yet toned mid-bass folks rave about. My only disclaimer is that I have not yet heard the KLFs, and I am really Jonesin to do that! Right, @teaman?

If you have a designated seating position, these CF-3 and 4 will sound fantastic. If you are more up and down, waling and standing, the KLF 20 and 30 may be better for you. The top mounted tweeter and mid horn are closer to your ear and suffer less wash out. Personally I prefer the three way, because to me the midrange makes it special, however these CF are amazing speakers with great balance. 

***Good luck with your sale mardigraspete!***

• Like 1

Shiva,

I listened to revel, dynaudio, harbeth, maggies, focal, kef etc. i have some zu's and fritz speakers in the house now. I think i'm going with the fritz's. He's from your neck of the woods.

Nice guy. Anyway, the epics competed with all those above easily. They competed with with their higher end models. They punch way above their price point.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mardigraspete said:

Shiva,

Anyway, the epics competed with all those above easily. They competed with with their higher end models. "They punch way above their price point".

Ha,   I have said that more than a few times.  "The Epics punch way above their price point".