California Bound...NOT! Now it's Beltsville, MD

Mallette

Well, looks like Dave is off to California for a few years. I'll be managing development of training materials and simulators for Global Hawk and other recon drones at Beale AFB. Decided to do this because I need the money to get my building here renovated both as a residence and as a Listening and Performance Center. Every reason to believe the note will be paid by renting out the hall for recitals and other music performances. 
Hate to leave home, but Feds are some of the few who actually practice what they preach about discrimination. Besides, I love my work and the Federal benefits are superb. Plus, as the Chinese say, the job is an "iron rice bowl." Don't have a start date yet as they are working on the background investigation, all 37(!) pages of it. 
Damn long way out there, but I hope to get a Tesla S3 while there to assure my ability to get around in the future, as well as being able to let it do the driving when I drive home. 

Dave

capture.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

sounds like a cool gig

makes me wish I had pursed those "Sorry, wrong number" call from Raytheon

I've gotten 2. They must want something of me. I have a [hobby] background in robotics... flying robots --- drones.  That's kinda what they do there.... in a way. 

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

sounds like a cool gig

makes me wish I had pursed those "Sorry, wrong number" call from Raytheon

I've gotten 2. They must want something of me. I have a [hobby] background in robotics... flying robots --- drones.  That's kinda what they do there.... in a way. 

Only if you want to join evil, and the epitome of military industrial complex.  I have relatives who work for them.  Can you spell brainwashed?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Also, what is happening with the Texarkana house?  Son staying there?

Well, to answer both your questions, you are welcome to come visit for as long as you like. Much to see and do nearby...and legal weed besides if your tastes run that way. As to the house, I will keep it for a while in case my son decides to go to school here, in which case he will rent it. 

Dave

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So  what is the incentive here?

In my case, all pay and no work. 😂 Actually, they will get more from me than the average government employee...but I've been told my only function is to oversee contractors and see that they do their jobs. Not much work there...

Dave

2 minutes ago, Mallette said:

In my case, all pay and no work. 😂 Actually, they will get more from me than the average government employee...but I've been told my only function is to oversee contractors and see that they do their jobs. Not much work there...

Dave

Interesting, even though the question was not directed towards you...

3 hours ago, Mallette said:

Well, looks like Dave is off to California for a few years. I'll be managing development of training materials and simulators for Global Hawk and other recon drones at Beale AFB. Decided to do this because I need the money to get my building here renovated both as a residence and as a Listening and Performance Center. Every reason to believe the note will be paid by renting out the hall for recitals and other music performances. 
Hate to leave home, but Feds are some of the few who actually practice what they preach about discrimination. Besides, I love my work and the Federal benefits are superb. Plus, as the Chinese say, the job is an "iron rice bowl." Don't have a start date yet as they are working on the background investigation, all 37(!) pages of it. 
Damn long way out there, but I hope to get a Tesla S3 while there to assure my ability to get around in the future, as well as being able to let it do the driving when I drive home. 

Dave

capture.jpg

• Mallette changed the title to California Bound...NOT! Now it's Beltsville, MD