California Bound...NOT! Now it's Beltsville, MD

Mallette

Mine was hilarious.  Police Chief here is a good friend and after he retired while sittin in his garage he started telling me he got a call to go back to the station one morning.  Said there were two Secret Service guys there asking all kinds of questions about me.  hahaha  I asked him if he lied and he said no but it took the better part of the morning.  lol  He's was always in his garage workin on his old car so one day I took him a half dozen donuts and a large coffee and told him thanks.  Had to be my clearance.  Well, now that I think about it maybe not...  j/k, j/k   I'm angelic!   lolol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mallette said:

Thanks all. I rather doubt anything will throw up a red flag in my background. It's only secret, and I had that in the Army. 

Dave

That reference to “legal weed” a few posts back may just have derailed your clearance.  If not, enjoy your stay in California and tell us about the Tesla.

• Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, Mallette said:

Well, looks like Dave is off to California for a few years. I'll be managing development of training materials and simulators for Global Hawk and other recon drones at Beale AFB. Decided to do this because I need the money to get my building here renovated both as a residence and as a Listening and Performance Center. Every reason to believe the note will be paid by renting out the hall for recitals and other music performances. 
Hate to leave home, but Feds are some of the few who actually practice what they preach about discrimination. Besides, I love my work and the Federal benefits are superb. Plus, as the Chinese say, the job is an "iron rice bowl." Don't have a start date yet as they are working on the background investigation, all 37(!) pages of it. 
Damn long way out there, but I hope to get a Tesla S3 while there to assure my ability to get around in the future, as well as being able to let it do the driving when I drive home. 

Dave

capture.jpg

Looks like fun. I've always wanted to go to California. I have friends and family there.:) 

32 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Congrats, Dave!  No doubt you are very excited.  This is great news!

Thanks, Jeff. I am excited, but will continue to look for something as lucrative closer to home. CA is very nice, but just too far away.

Dave

• Moderators
On 10/30/2019 at 3:51 PM, Mallette said:

Well, looks like Dave is off to California for a few years. I'll be managing development of training materials and simulators for Global Hawk and other recon drones at Beale AFB. Decided to do this because I need the money to get my building here renovated both as a residence and as a Listening and Performance Center. Every reason to believe the note will be paid by renting out the hall for recitals and other music performances. 
Hate to leave home, but Feds are some of the few who actually practice what they preach about discrimination. Besides, I love my work and the Federal benefits are superb. Plus, as the Chinese say, the job is an "iron rice bowl." Don't have a start date yet as they are working on the background investigation, all 37(!) pages of it. 
Damn long way out there, but I hope to get a Tesla S3 while there to assure my ability to get around in the future, as well as being able to let it do the driving when I drive home. 

Dave

capture.jpg

That is so awesome! I know Beale very well, was home of the SR71 and my Dad would have to go up there periodically. I always remembered Marysville to be very nice.

30 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

That is so awesome! I know Beale very well, was home of the SR71 and my Dad would have to go up there periodically. I always remembered Marysville to be very nice.

Thanks, Travis. Yes, pretty awesome...especially the work. However, I intend to keep my hat in the ring closer to home. Much to like about CA, but it might as well be overseas from here.

Dave

1 minute ago, babadono said:

And make sure they make it worth your while,you can figure cost of living double that of Texarkana.

Checked into that first. Yuba City is the lowest COL I've seen in CA. Apartments not much more than TXK. And, absolutely, we'll get together. 

Dave

• Mallette changed the title to California Bound...NOT! Now it's Beltsville, MD