California Bound...NOT! Now it's Beltsville, MD

Mallette

• Moderators
5 hours ago, LarryC said:

Is this serious?  I just happened to see this after not even looking at the forum for months or years.  Absolutely plan a visit if you're out this way. PM me and Gary!  It's OK to email me at larryclare@aol.com.

LC

It is serious,  he has a job out there, so @Mallette be sure to give Larry a jingle. 

17 hours ago, LarryC said:

Is this serious?  I just happened to see this after not even looking at the forum for months or years.  Absolutely plan a visit if you're out this way. PM me and Gary!  It's OK to email me at larryclare@aol.com.

LC

Looking forward to it. Going to CA leaving in the AM tomorrow, but don't expect to be there very long. Inprocessing to Beltsville is mostly by snail mail. 

Dave

On 12/29/2019 at 9:58 AM, thebes said:

Not to mention rplace and your very own larger-than-life (and getting larger every year) Thebes.

I love the FDA. As I understand how they work, they  give you lots of drugs then stuff you full of food. I want a job there. I could be in charge of the Bureau of Obfuscation.  My goal would be to conduct some bureaucratic empire building. The first order of business would be to  strip the Department of Justice of the Bureau of Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and bring it under the control of the FDA.  Aside from the random explosion and stray round going by, this would give the FDA control over three of the major vices. Greed of course has been farmed out to the private sector so we can't get our hands on that.  Of course, the White House and Congress has appropriated theft. Sex is  scattered across too many agencies to bring  in house, but I'm willing to engage in copious amounts of sloth to help round out things.  (although I really regard sloth as a virtue and not a vice).

So when can you get me an interview?  I should be an easy hire since I know things about you your colleagues might not want to know.  Oh bribery, yet another vice to consider. Rats, I forgot, The White House has a lock on that one.

Sigh. Some of my best work and not even a "like"  It's hard being a Thebes.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 5:21 PM, thebes said:

Sigh. Some of my best work and not even a "like"  It's hard being a Thebes.

Come on Marty -- your name is on television these days.  I saw a promo for some show and in the background there was some graffiti on a wall. The spray painted words were "The Best", but the way the character was standing in the foreground, it looked like it said THEBES.  I actually had to rewind the dvr to double check, but for a moment I thought, "That dude is everywhere."