Determining Value

Foxman

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Like Klipsch only or everything?

So, we are remodeling and the wife would like to go with smaller speakers than the RF7's and the SVS Sub. So, I figure sell all the speakers and start over. I recall the RB7's were nice, but, not sure what route yet. May consider used speakers may consider trying the SVS speakers, I'm pretty open. Ive been out of the market a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Are you replacing speakers used for home theatre and music?

Welcome to the forum...

Thanks billybob. Yeah, I primarily am a television and movie watcher. I'd say that 99% of the speaker usage will be for that. But, I do like to put on some music when I can and really enjoy the surround experience when I have the time to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Hey all, just an FYI. I did a little research and Audiogon has a bluebook value for many items. I went ahead and purchased a month ($10.00) just to see what it looked like. Sadly the RC and RS 7's are not on there, but the value of the RF's are about what I had in mind at around $1200. Just in case anyone finds themselves in a similar position as me.

• Like 1

Some here canhelp you with the RC and RS value Pics and/ or condition will help with that. Having the Audiogon will help with the Sonic's and aesthetics using their 10/10 number system. As recall, there is no RB-7's. Other will correct me. Think it is the RB-75

That was meant to be the bookshelf for your RF-7.  In any case, I would think a good bookshelf replacement for your mains They come up around from time to time around about.Much desired and not usually priced

cheap. They're a larger size bookshelf that would be a great

Replacement without giving you much sellers remorse. Of course you may want to keep your center and surround if go that route. Others here should have ideas to assist...

@foxmanI've tracked prices the last three years.  Mainly Heritage used prices, but also a couple of others I own, like the CF-4.   The spreadsheet is available to any Klipsch forum member who asks.  It's a pretty good research tool and it lists mostly confirmed sold prices.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-10.xlsx

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

@foxmanI've tracked prices the last three years.  Mainly Heritage used prices, but also a couple of others I own, like the CF-4.   The spreadsheet is available to any Klipsch forum member who asks.  It's a pretty good research tool and it lists mostly confirmed sold prices.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-10.xlsx 393.61 kB · 14 downloads

WOW thats a lot of work invested! Excellent job on that spreadsheet. I really appreciate all the feedback. I think I have a handle roughly on values, now to clean, photograph and post. 

Kind of nervous, I do love my speakers, but it is kind of exciting considering something different at the same time. If I rated everything a 10, that would likely be an over estimate. I'd rate everything a 8/9 since they have some age. With that said, I'd place the values at:

RF7 - $1250, RC7 - $600, RS7 - $450, SVS 20-39PC+ $500 = $2800. That stings a bit if I am honest, but it is what it is as they say. This based on what I've seen on Audiogon, Ebay, and snooping around. Thanks again everyone.

52 minutes ago, teaman said:

Foxman, where are you located? Someone here may be interested in your speakers, or have the bookshelf speakers you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in North Carolina and am willing to drive, at least within reasonable limits.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foxman said:

I am in North Carolina and am willing to drive, at least within reasonable limits.

I know of a forum member that is selling a pair of RB-75 right now, if that interests you. I believe he would be willing to ship, but lives in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

@teaman.. I'll keep that in mind. I really need to get further into the process before I bring home new toys.

@billybob.. excellent thoughts. I wasn't familiar with the Palladium nor had I considered the Heresy. I would imagine the Heresy would provide a much fuller sound than either the RB series or the Palladiums.

There is no slouch among the ones mentioned. The Heresy design goes way back.Look

at the 2 way designs RF-7, and the 3 ways like the Heresy. Mentioned it because of lower height profile.

A search in the vast archive here should help you with the details.