Klipsch rp502s or klipsch rs52ii for surrounds?

jordan122345

Hey guys need some opinions please. So I currently have Klipsch RF7III'S, RC64III, and I currently have the rp502s. I am currently using them as side surrounds. I had been hoping to find some used rs52ii's or rs62ii's for rear surrounds. So I got lucky and found a pair of each for a GREAT price and picked them both up. The dilemma now is do I sell the rp502s' and use the 52ii's as sides and the 62ii's as rears? Or should I keep the rp502s as aide and use the 62ii's as rears? Or sell both 52ii's and 62ii's and buy a 2nd pair of rp502s for sides and rears? Any help would be awesome. 

Edited by jordan122345

Not much sound comes out of the back so I would suggest putting the RS-62 on the side and RS-52 in the back. Most tracks are in 5.1 so you can get a better use with this arrangement. Really, I feel it is just personal preference which ones you use and decide to keep. The new reference premiere speakers have a new rubber horn. It really doesn’t matter too much if the surrounds matching the front speakers. With that being said, if you can hear a difference between the old horn design vs the new design, then you may like the new horn more and want to get another pair. If it sounds about the same to you, keep the RS-62 and RS-52 because you will have a bigger speaker and better surround effects. I love my 4 RS-52 IIs  with my RF-7 IIs. 

5AC9D98C-56E6-44D0-B2A8-6BDA8F617166.jpeg

7 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Not much sound comes out of the back so I would suggest putting the RS-62 on the side and RS-52 in the back. Most tracks are in 5.1 so you can get a better use with this arrangement. Really, I feel it is just personal preference which ones you use and decide to keep. The new reference premiere speakers have a new rubber horn. It really doesn’t matter too much if the surrounds matching the front speakers. With that being said, if you can hear a difference between the old horn design vs the new design, then you may like the new horn more and want to get another pair. If it sounds about the same to you, keep the RS-62 and RS-52 because you will have a bigger speaker and better surround effects. I love my 4 RS-52 IIs  with my RF-7 IIs. 

5AC9D98C-56E6-44D0-B2A8-6BDA8F617166.jpeg

Okay that's good to hear and also glad you mentioned putting the 62s on the sides not the rears. It looks like the specs of the 52s and 502s are pretty similar. I wonder if there is any difference in the tweeters then?  Thanks for the input

On 11/2/2019 at 11:12 AM, jordan122345 said:

Okay that's good to hear and also glad you mentioned putting the 62s on the sides not the rears. It looks like the specs of the 52s and 502s are pretty similar. I wonder if there is any difference in the tweeters then?  Thanks for the input

It really won't show it in the specs, but the tweeters were redesigned. The new tweeters use a rubber material instead of plastic to reduce noise resonance. I really haven't had a good opportunity to compare the new to the old, but everything I read say they are smoother sounding. I don't know if it is only the material they changed, may be they changed the crossover too to make them sound smoother? The good thing is you do have both versions. Maybe you can comment on a comparison of the two. Im curious of the difference myself.  

21 minutes ago, Boilermaker86 said:

I don't know if it is only the material they changed, may be they changed the crossover too to make them sound smoother?

I believe the new tweeters are also vented now, which also helps them sound smoother... I've also only read and heard good things about the new tweeters.