Quartets

MechEngVic

Think about this......IMHO Quartets perform at about 80-85% of Forte II's.....smaller footprint, sound great, don't overwhelm the current interior requirements of the current generation AND the major growing BOOMER generation who are in the process of downsizing.....so why wouldn't they be gaining in value?

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 12:48 PM, byson1 said:

There was black set here in Nashville a while back on CL that didn't sell.  He had the price lowered to $350.  The corners did have some minor damage though.

They had pretty significant damage. Much more than just minor damage because you cant fix MDF that has been well watered. I had a set a couple of years ago I could not get rid of. Finally scrapped them and the parts brought over $700. I figure I got lucky and never again. I didn't think much of them and can't figure out why they have such a good reputation.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Think about this......IMHO Quartets perform at about 80-85% of Forte II's.....smaller footprint, sound great, don't overwhelm the current interior requirements of the current generation AND the major growing BOOMER generation who are in the process of downsizing.....so why wouldn't they be gaining in value?

After I got my Chorus 2’s, the Fortes and Quartets became superfluous (first time ever using that word in a sentence).

What surprised me when it came time to sell the Quartets was how good they sounded compared to their bigger brothers. 

And the gentleman that bought them to use in his condo was equally impressed. The Linda Rondstat CD he brought to demo them with clinched the deal, lol.

People are asking, and getting, more money for Heresys. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but Quartets do more. And that is before refreshing the crossovers...

8 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:
16 hours ago, pigonthewing76 said:

I had no idea Quartets were worth more than the Forte II's.

To me, they're not. @wvu80 might tell us what the averages for each are. 

The Forte II in Good condition averages $534, the Quartet $395.  FYI the Forte I averages $493 according to my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.   The last three reported Quartet sales were 400, 500, 200.

(numbers on this post might be slightly different because of updating)

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-10.xlsx

• Like 2

I agree that used Quartet pricing should be lower than used Forte pricing, and typical used Forte pricing in my area is around $500.

As has been mentioned, Quartets are a slightly smaller Forte so they're more convenient and more aesthetically acceptable in smaller environments.

I bought mine with one slightly water damaged top, for $250.

There's currently a pair for sale at a reasonable $500 near Worcester MA.