Klipsch RP-280F: Tweeter, bass and volume output suddenly low and anemic in one speaker.

MrGrey

Tweeter, bass and volume output suddenly low in one speaker. i switched the speaker outputs on the AVR to see if it was the issue but the problem persist. I also tried the input for the center channel but no change what's so ever. The other speak works completely fine in all inputs. I also reset all AVR settings and it still doesn't sound right. I did an internal test tone before and after the reset and the affected speaker doesn't change. I also checked the connector bridge on the back of the speaker and the wires and still the problem doesn't change at all.

I contacted support earlier this morning and I'm waiting for a reply but i wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem with the Reference Premiere line.

UPDATE 11/5/19 : I just tested it again with internal test tones from the AVR and the speaker made some static noise from the woofer and tweeter then literally stopped creating any sound just the minute. the speaker is now dead with no sound at all. the sound was also muffled.

UPDATE 11/6/19 : I have a new wiring network on the way that should arrive in 5-10 business days.

UPDATE 11/9/19: Just completed the wiring network change and everything seems to be working again. I'm not sure if there's a break-in period for the new network but I'm tired of horrible TV speakers so it's good to be back to normal.

Edited by MrGrey

Just now, MrGrey said:

Nope, i was literally watching a video podcast  at 5 am in the morning and noticed the voice was off and low on one side as it was all vocals.

Could be something as simple as a loose wire inside.  Let us know what support says.  There's not a whole lot that can go wrong inside a speaker.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Could be something as simple as a loose wire inside.  Let us know what support says.  There's not a whole lot that can go wrong inside a speaker.

I will keep you all updated. i hope it's something that can be replaced without shipping this massive speaker back.

UPDATE: I just tested it again with internal test tones from the AVR and the speaker made some static noise from the woofer and tweeter then literally stopped creating any sound just the minute. the speaker is now dead with no sound at all. the sound was also muffled.

This my reply to support this morning so now I'm waiting for a reply.

Edited by MrGrey

5 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

I will keep your RP-280F in my prayers and pray this doesn't happen to my own pair.

The person i spoke to said this isn't common after i requested the price for the wiring network as my 5 year warranty will be up soon and i don't want this happening to the other one and getting stuck without a warranty and if i do I'd at least like to to know the price of the wiring network so i could of purchased two and just change them both at the same time but that question was ignored and i was told it wasn't common. i did purchase my speakers the month they were released so maybe i am just unlucky and some early manufacturing weakness showed up almost 5 years later as my 5 year warranty is close to ending😐 .

Edited by MrGrey
  • Like 1