Klipsch Professional Heresy Industrial Speakers Pair SOLD

MEH Synergy

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

If you pop off the input panel (6 small screws) you would be able to see most of the interior components and perhaps provide additional information to promote your sale.    Would be nice to see if anyone has changed out components or modded the crossover.

Roger that.  May do when I get some time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, jimjimbo said:

If you pop off the input panel (6 small screws) you would be able to see most of the interior components and perhaps provide additional information to promote your sale.    Would be nice to see if anyone has changed out components or modded the crossover.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

Roger that.  May do when I get some time. 

Did you have a chance to do this?

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Did you have a chance to do this?

Yes.  So, I removed the screws on the input panel and gave it a SOLID tug and tried prying using car panel removal tools (plastic).   Little sucker won't budge easily.   I would rather not damage anything just trying to get a look inside.   Anyone that is serious about the pair is more than welcome to come and do so yourself.   Shipping I am guessing would be a deal breaker anyhow. 

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yep, sometimes they can be tough to pop off, although I think not nearly as bad as an old La Scala doghouse panel.....yikes.

If I somehow manage pop them out and snap photos of all drivers inside, is anyone interested in purchasing as a result?  I thought given the price these would move.... 

17 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yep, sometimes they can be tough to pop off, although I think not nearly as bad as an old La Scala doghouse panel.....yikes.

I broke one of my favorite scrapers, that I've had for decades, about a week ago trying to get one loose.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

I broke one of my favorite scrapers, that I've had for decades, about a week ago trying to get one loose.

Yeah, had I kept going, I would have snapped mine as well.   I can easily get the panel off, it's just doing it the right way without damaging anything.... You sure Klipsch doesn't seal these with epoxy and resin from the factory 😂

7 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yeah, had I kept going, I would have snapped mine as well.   I can easily get the panel off, it's just doing it the right way without damaging anything.... You sure Klipsch doesn't seal these with epoxy and resin from the factory 😂

I broke mine on an LSI dog house cover.  Bummed me out as I had that tool for decades and liked it.  I eventually got it off but it was a chore.  I think their foam tape turns into super glue after 20+ years.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I think their foam tape turns into super glue after 20+ years.

That makes perfect sense.   I figured it had some kind of gasket that turned to adhesive given time.   When I opened my khorn bass cab in the past, the cracking sound that the wood made got my attention. Thought I broke the wood in half. Took a metal prybar and lots of patience to get it done.   Oh what fun 

I don't think it was foam tape they used on the industrial speakers. You really have to work side to side to get those suckers loose. Those old boxes sound really nice with recapping and new, ahem, tweeters in them. Plus you can use them for advanced level weight lifting.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

It reminded me of butyl tape used for windshields just a different consistency and color. I have scrapped that stuff off and it does not act like tape to me.

Mine was flat, straight like tape, about 5/8" wide and maybe 1/16" thick.

38 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I don't think it was foam tape they used on the industrial speakers. You really have to work side to side to get those suckers loose. Those old boxes sound really nice with recapping and new, ahem, tweeters in them. Plus you can use them for advanced level weight lifting.

Oh, and speaking of, new, ahem, tweeters......?