Klipsch RW-12d Parts

civildysfunction

I recently acquired this sub, and it looks like someone DIYed the repairs on the board. Is there a place to get a new board? Everything else is intact and in great shape, but I fear the board is beyond salvage. I have images posted at audio karma as well:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/klipsch-rw-12d-120v-sub-power-problems.890225/

Thanks!

This is great! I am new to the HT hobby, and don't have the skill yet to take on a project like this, nor the time yet. Just moved to a new house and my hands are full with the remodel. 

I do have a JBL sub I am using in the meantime that is doing fine. Will probably just see how much a repair will cost, or see if I can find a board to replace in the meantime.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:08 PM, yamahaSHO said:

Make a better sub out of it!  

On 11/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, civildysfunction said:

I recently acquired this sub, and it looks like someone DIYed the repairs on the board. Is there a place to get a new board? Everything else is intact and in great shape, but I fear the board is beyond salvage. I have images posted at audio karma as well:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/klipsch-rw-12d-120v-sub-power-problems.890225/

Thanks!

i have this same sub with the common blowing fuse issue, this is the best option to repair or replace the original amp.  the entire plate is very close in size to the original plate & will bolt in with just a little trimming of the cabinet opening but will lose the digital control.  

https://www.parts-express.com/bash-300s-digital-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-300w-rms--300-750

but, the other option to retain the digital controls on the sub is to swap out the power supply board which is what goes bad on the original amps 9 times out of 10.  the issue is usually related to the glue klipsch & so many other brands used back when these were made, it goes bad over time & becomes conductive causing all kinds of issues.  just unbolt the power supply section & swap on to the klipsch board, its a direct fit too.  

there are a few different places on ebay that repair these amps, just type in klipsch sub amp repair... one guy is about $130 & you pay to ship to him & he covers return in the price. 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, EpicKlipschFan said:

i have this same sub with the common blowing fuse issue, this is the best option to repair or replace the original amp.  the entire plate is very close in size to the original plate & will bolt in with just a little trimming of the cabinet opening but will lose the digital control.  

https://www.parts-express.com/bash-300s-digital-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-300w-rms--300-750

but, the other option to retain the digital controls on the sub is to swap out the power supply board which is what goes bad on the original amps 9 times out of 10.  the issue is usually related to the glue klipsch & so many other brands used back when these were made, it goes bad over time & becomes conductive causing all kinds of issues.  just unbolt the power supply section & swap on to the klipsch board, its a direct fit too.  

there are a few different places on ebay that repair these amps, just type in klipsch sub amp repair... one guy is about $130 & you pay to ship to him & he covers return in the price. 

Thanks. I will have to research this. There is a shop near me who fixes these. I will check him out. If not, I may take a crack at it! Thanks!