How to hang a Heresy size speaker on a wall

I used these from Parts Express.  The KP201s are now mounted to blue block between the aluminum frame and the acoustical panel.  The speaker in the bottom photo is upside down with respect to how it was ultimately mounted.  Looking through the grill you can see that the tweeter is at the bottom when mounted.

close-up.thumb.jpg.161d5ee5d2c649c567ab872b78ab97dd.jpg1053165298_OnStageSS7322B.thumb.jpg.b3169a8a5b86acdf34260a213f6ed5f3.jpg967189959_SteelSpeakerPoleMount.thumb.jpg.23becb15493c074d5ebffb241828871f.jpg1478372290_IMG_0596(Medium).thumb.JPG.a968480e6ae77e3222c6fd230579cbae.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Nice idea.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

image.png.a7a8ba3498f8f2e196a72b028f4b08ad.png

I used those to attach small single drivers (the one below the TV).  The heavy duty brackets from PE allowed the the speakers to be angled left to right, rotated , or tilted to precisely aim them into the mniddle school band practice space below.

image.thumb.jpeg.106b12886ed1bfd9775f488a5e9edae0.jpeg

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

You cannot, should not, must not, try to use mounting hardware on the back of a Heresy to wall mount.

Yeah. I would advise against it, too....the rear panel of the Heresy is MDF, and  the box panels are also MDF....ever since the original Heresy II entered the picture, and the joinery of the rear panels to the rest of the box panels is basically a glued "capture" of the rear panel into the other panels, which is actually a weak point for hanging from the rear panel or the rear edges of the other box panels...using wood-type screws alone to attach some hanging device in that area may be asking for eventual trouble, IMHO....and for the new Heresy IV, it is now rear-ported, with a one-inch taller cabinet which adds some more weight to it....PLUS, it needs to be out from the wall the "ideal distance", which will vary with the room they will be in, in order to maximize its rear tractrix porting sound.....SOOOOOOOOO....

Seeing as the last 3 posts obviously didn't actually read your post i just wanted to chime in on the MDF comment, if it happens to be made from MDF and needs to be rear mounted just add a steel plate to both sides of the cabinet and bolt through that so nobody gets hurt underneath.

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

Looks like a metal French cleat.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:53 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Title says it all.  How to hang a Heresy size speaker on a wall??  I have a pair of JBls that are about the same size and want to hang high on a wall.  Hard to find a decent mount. 

Why not just get a pair of the black pro Heresy looking speakers that have the slant backs and two drivers, they use in theaters ?

If you have to mount the Heresy, I would double the bottom with a piece of plywood and run nuts and bolts through the plate and the bottom of the heresy with some large washers on the inside.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Title says it all.  How to hang a Heresy size speaker on a wall??  I have a pair of JBls that are about the same size and want to hang high on a wall.  Hard to find a decent mount. 

2 hours ago, Bubo said:

Why not just get a pair of the black pro Heresy looking speakers that have the slant backs and two drivers, they use in theaters ?

Because I already own the JBLs and want to use the JBL speakers.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I’ve been considering options to ”hang a Heresy”, for a Center Channel. Specifically an HII. I’m glad I found this thread, as one of my ideas was to use eyebolts through the back. Good to know that it is a bad idea to do it that way. The reason for eyebolts is that the location is in front of a window, and as such, hanging it on the wall wouldn’t be possible. I was thinking of using eyebolts and cables, or chain and hanging it from the rafter. Now I’m thinking that eyebolts, through the side or top might work? I’d normally be completely against defacing a Heritage speaker this way. However, this is a single speaker, of indeterminate age & finish, probably WO (tag is missing), it was coated with a film of tobacco smoke it looked rough & smelled worse, when I bought it. It looks & smells fine now but hardly a pristine example. 

At the moment it’s on the entertainment center on its side, with the TV sitting on top of it. This makes theTV just too high. If anyone has thoughts on hanging, or other options feel free to chime in. 

This is (was?) a room at Klipsch.  Note how fully supported each Heresy is from underneath.   Also, there probably is something to keep them from sliding forward (sorry for the picture quality).  See the Khorn in the rear corner?  

image.png.fdd71c65ef13d9e62912812f2341f974.png

P.S.  Do you live in Earthquake Country?

• Like 1