Joe Bonamassa - Morris Theater South Bend

jimjimbo

Had a great time last night with Greg @Davis at the Joe Bonamassa show last night at the Morris Performing Arts Center here in South Bend.  Had fantastic 10th row center seats, and Joe and his band put on a memorable performance.  I would have to say that Joe played at least 8-10 different guitars during the show.  Greg came to my place for a while before the show to listen to my modest setup, had some good bourbon, then went downtown.  Amazing how many of the world's leading guitar players Greg and I have seen in the last two months together.....

Was only able to take some photos with my cell, not to my normal standards, but just OK.  

Greg and Jim.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6326.jpg

• Like 1

This was my first time seeing Bonamassa live and he was magnificent. I have watched many many hours of his BluRays so I knew what to expect and he totally delivered.

The Morris is exactly the kind of small 2000 seat theater I enjoy and it is a work of art inside. Excellent seats made this one to remember.

MY most sincere thanks to JIm @jimjimbo for gifting me this awesome 10th row seat, his generosity and friendship is second to none. JIm invited me to his home to listen to his much more than modest systems and they sound awesome, The way he has them set up is quite intriguing and fum to A/B all the possibilities. Good Bourbon made the visit even more rewarding. I met Jim's lovely wife and we all had tasty Latin tacos before the show.

Plus I was even sent home with a lovely gift bag of Bloody Mary mixer and a small batch bourbon from Seattle.

Thank you again my great friend.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 9:07 PM, jimjimbo said:

Had a great time last night with Greg @Davis at the Joe Bonamassa show last night at the Morris Performing Arts Center here in South Bend.  Had fantastic 10th row center seats, and Joe and his band put on a memorable performance.  I would have to say that Joe played at least 8-10 different guitars during the show.  Greg came to my place for a while before the show to listen to my modest setup, had some good bourbon, then went downtown.  Amazing how many of the world's leading guitar players Greg and I have seen in the last two months together.....

Was only able to take some photos with my cell, not to my normal standards, but just OK.  

Greg and Jim.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6326.jpg

what a nice venue the Morris center is !

not to different from Joe's hometown theater..

https://www.thestanley.org/facility/gallery

Joe joined the band MOE... some more local talent from my home town...

2 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

He's incredible live. Seattle in March. Gotta wait. 4th row

The Paramount is where we saw him the first time several years ago.  Great venue, great concert.  Was the same show as the "Live at the Beacon Theater".