Italian La Scala 1975

Cristiano Noci

Ciao a tutti,

this Is my first post here.

I've just bought this pair of La Scala from an old man who owns It since 1976. 

He was a seller of Klipsh loudspeakers in Torino and for himself he asked for a particular style and color.

He said that Everything Is original (AA crossover and alnico components) and these beauties have been since 1976 in the same position in his house...

The sound Is wanderful. I'm using a valve integrated amplifier with 2a3.

What do you think about this 'belle" style?

Grazie!

IMG_20191107_121606-744x992.jpg

IMG_20191107_121542-744x992.jpg

IMG_20191107_121559-1190x1587.jpg

IMG_20191107_121552-744x992.jpg

IMG_20191107_121621-992x744.jpg

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes welcome...how are you pleased with their sound...

Ciao,

La Scala ara in my house since 6 days.

I'm really pleased and surprised. 

I can't believe that something coming from a past so far (1975) can sound so good and modern. For me is incredible. 

I'm not a freshman in hi-fi audio world...

The stage and the disposition of the instrument in the space are great.

The pleasure of listening is fantastic. 

And the most surprising thing are the bass performance: perfect. (I'll kilck next person who say that La Scala has no bass!)

I'm definitely in love.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ciao Christino

J'ai failli les acheter, très content pour toi, est ce un bricolage le bois vertical au milieu, cela a l'air très bien fait ? 

Tu les as eu pour 2700 euros c'est un bon prix ? 

Vas tu changer les condensateurs des crossovers et surtout ne mets pas de sub. 

J'étais à Milan la semaine dernière, je suis un fan de l'Italie 

Bonne journée 

Rodolphe 

Ciao Rudolphe, 

Next time you'll be in Milano send me a message and I'll show you the La Scala!

All the works on the loudspeakers seems to be made by the fabric. In every case All Is done in perfect way.

I paid 2.5. For me Is a right price. I've seen from 3.5 in worst conditions.

I like the belle style, that All Is original and the alnico components...

I Will change capacitors buying from Crities and I'm not planning to add a sub. I had b&W, Sonus Faber and Opera loudspeakers and, for me, the bass section now Is Better. A lot better, so... 

Hope to meet you in Milano!

Ciao,

Cristiano

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jason str said:

Toe in to a triangular listening position and something on the glass (left speaker)to keep the sound waves from reflecting off will go a long way.

Unfortunately there Is no space now. It seems that I have take measures of the loudspeakers three Years ago when I did some works... But in the future I'll move the Window and It Will be Better.

Thx

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Hi Cristiano

I have had my LaScalas in the house for a little over a year. I'm still smiling, and no subwoofer. They're kickass speakers/

I'm smiling too! Finally I'm enjoing music and not thinking how to improve or change the cables!

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:46 PM, WillyBob said:

and my wife likes them. looks and performance

Also my wife likes the La Scala!

On 11/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, Dave1290 said:

Looks great so cut it loose and enjoy!  Welcome to the Forum!  :)

Thx!! Grazie!

I'm trying to compare 3 different kind of integrated amplifier:  Audio Analogue Maestro (SS 150w) Unison Research S6 (Single ended el34 25w A class) and Tektron TK2a3/45SI ref ( 2a3 3,2w).

Edited by Cristiano Noci

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 7:41 PM, Cristiano Noci said:

I'm trying to compare 3 different kind of integrated amplifier:  Audio Analogue Maestro (SS 150w) Unison Research S6 (Single ended el34 25w A class) and Tektron TK2a3/45SI ref ( 2a3 3,2w).

Cristiano,

I had a nice pair of LaScalas that I powered with a wonderful pair of 2A3 monobloc amplifiers. They were a magical pairing. Due to finances, I had to sell the LaScalas, and have regretted it ever since. However, I found a very beat up pair of LS with all the wrong parts inside, but acquired them for $100. It took me about six years, but I got replacement parts (Klipsch K-33 woofer, the K-400 midrange horn and driver...). The tweeter is an Eminence APT50 with an Eminence horn. I still had my original crossovers. Connecting back up to my 2A3 amps, the magic is back.

I have also powered them with a modified Crown D-45 solid state amp (around 25 WPC) that give my 2A3 amps a real race for which is better. I have hauled them out to use at a party/dance and used a larger Crown xli800. They worked great for that, too, even in a room of 167 sq. meters, 7 meter ceiling and 100 guests.

Almost any amp you use should work fine and long as it is a clean sounding amp. Whatever your ears like!

Bruce