Italian La Scala 1975

Cristiano Noci

On 12/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, Marvel said:

Cristiano,

I had a nice pair of LaScalas that I powered with a wonderful pair of 2A3 monobloc amplifiers. They were a magical pairing. Due to finances, I had to sell the LaScalas, and have regretted it ever since. However, I found a very beat up pair of LS with all the wrong parts inside, but acquired them for $100. It took me about six years, but I got replacement parts (Klipsch K-33 woofer, the K-400 midrange horn and driver...). The tweeter is an Eminence APT50 with an Eminence horn. I still had my original crossovers. Connecting back up to my 2A3 amps, the magic is back.

I have also powered them with a modified Crown D-45 solid state amp (around 25 WPC) that give my 2A3 amps a real race for which is better. I have hauled them out to use at a party/dance and used a larger Crown xli800. They worked great for that, too, even in a room of 167 sq. meters, 7 meter ceiling and 100 guests.

Almost any amp you use should work fine and long as it is a clean sounding amp. Whatever your ears like!

Bruce

All true! 

With the AA Maestro 150 you have more low frequency but at the end I prefere the 2A3 sound. More equilibrated and refined.

I Will try the el34 integrated amp next month that could be a good compromise.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:31 AM, Randyh said:

how much power do your 2A3 produce  - what is your current setup

Depending on the design... if single ended and not a parallel design, usually 3.5 watts max.

I have used them to power my MWM cabinets with La Scala tops, and they sound good in my room, but the 25 watt crown SS is a bit more solid. Right now I am using the Crown XLI800 at 200 WPC with the MWM and La Scala combo. Either way, I have a Merlin all tube preamp from Juicy Music Audio (designed and built by Mark Deneen). His other preamps are the Blueberry Extreme and Peach.

As for Cristiano, I would like to know the details of his setup, too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2020 at 9:31 AM, Randyh said:

how much power do your 2A3 produce  - what is your current setup

Ciao,

sorry for late...

my integrated amp is this:

Tektron TK2A3/45S-I-REF tube integrated amp

Features: Matched tubes: 2A3 x 2 (OR 45 x 2) - 6SN7 x 2 - 83 x 1.

Inputs: 3 line inputs with nos red nixie.

Signal input: 900 mV for max power.

Outputs: 1.8 W / Channel with 45 - 3.2 W / Channel with 2A3.

Bias: Manual bias with precision potentiometer and high quality milliammeter.

Volume: Stereo volume control with high quality potentiometer.

Outputs impedance: 8 ohm (other impedance available upon request).

Frequency range: 28 - 35.000 Hz.

Power Supply: 100/115/230/240 VAC - 50/60Hz. Other voltage are available upon request.

Dimensions and weight: 31 x 22 x 16 cm. - 8Kg.

Finish: Solid wood, several types of wood available, choose them here.

Notes: Artisanal product made in Italy. Point to point built (NO pcb).

Additional information: Copper top plate, brass upon request. NOS tubes included upon request. CE - RoHs - RAEE compliant.

For me is an excellent setup

I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. Sounds like a marvelous amp, too.

We are heading into some tough times with the virus encircling the globe. Time to stay in and listen to music.

Ciao a tutti!

thx. Everything is ok, I'm healty and all my family is ok fortunately. Really tough period...

I hope you all are in good condition and healty.

The only problem for me is that I'm not in my home in Milano but in the Mountains (Alagna Valsesia) so... no klipsch here... But in this period to be here is a big luck.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 5:34 AM, Marvel said:

I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. Sounds like a marvelous amp, too.

We are heading into some tough times with the virus encircling the globe. Time to stay in and listen to music.

I'm in love with this amp...

I think that his "Semplicity" is awsome.