Surround and surround back speakers to pair with La Scala.

elee532

Looking for 2 surround and 2 surround back speakers to use in a surround setup with La Scala II as my front mains. I also just ordered 4 CDT5800s for Atmos ceiling speakers. 

I listen to a lot of surround music as well as movies.

Thanks for any advice!

10 hours ago, rplace said:

Heresies are not that big once up on the wall. Here is a shot of mine

IMG_20171029_120534597.jpg

My Heresy I that i bought in 1984 are probably my best purchase ever ... love those things. Don’t think I’m skilled enough to hang them on a wall ... well, i’d never sit under anything that i’ve hung on a wall. 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, BigStewMan said:

My Heresy I that i bought in 1984 are probably my best purchase ever ... love those things. Don’t think I’m skilled enough to hang them on a wall ... well, i’d never sit under anything that i’ve hung on a wall. 

They have been there since 2005. I can do pull ups on them. They are not going anywhere. Pretty simple to mount. 2x4 on the ceiling, 2x4 on the wall, cut plywood to desired angle on the face leave at 90* for wall/ceiling. Lifting heresy into place, holding and driving lag bolts is the tricky part. I'm sure it would work for any plywood built speaker. Not sure about MDF but I'd bet you could make it work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pinball_pw said:

What, no center?

🤣

Someday though. There is a placement challenge. There is only 12" of space behind my projector screen.  I've so far been satisfied without the center. I'm sure someday I'll feel compelled to add one. 

The undeniably best rear speakers for La Scalas are, .... La Scalas.  Four of 'em were GREAT.  Next best would be Heresies for surrounds and center.  I have and would recommend you mod the Heresy Center to have a similar crossover to your La Scalas.  That crossover mod wouldn't hurt in the surrounds, but isn't necessary. 

3 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I sold two pairs of the KI-102’s to someone who has the La and he loves them. He said the sound matched up perfectly
And they are easy to wall mount

That looks like an interesting speaker, and the size looks about right for my space. How do you think it would compare to the KG-1 as a surround speaker?