Glad he’s not my neighbor.

DizRotus

That looks like a 1983 Hurst Olds sans badging (I owned a 1984). It must have had the heck modified out of it. Including the 307 Old Engine that it came with from the factory. The 1984 version was the first GM made car that came with a computer in it. Quadrajet and CCC (Computer Command Control).

Wb

1 hour ago, Wolfbane said:

That looks like a 1983 Hurst Olds sans badging (I owned a 1984). It must have had the heck modified out of it. Including the 307 Old Engine that it came with from the factory. The 1984 version was the first GM made car that came with a computer in it. Quadrajet and CCC (Computer Command Control).

Wb

That was mid/late 1980, by 1981 all GM vehicles had computer command control with the exception of heavy duty trucks.

My father had an 84 V8 Cutlass as well, real POS.

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

Why? I mean just why?

I guess I just don't get IT.

People have always asked the same questions about each other’s hobbies/passions.  My friends and family shake their heads when they see my audio setup.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Then they tap their toes.

Some do; some don't where I live.

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Sometimes they start to vibrate:)

And smile

Not one of my neighbors. Too much volume shaking things and I get a knock on the door as I usually can't hear the phone when blasting Rock and Roll or a loud movie (especially in THX) is playing. The initial scene in the movie Predator with the Chopper landing was not very well received next door! 🙉

Wb

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Why? I mean just why?

I guess I just don't get IT.

The wonderful smell of burning rubber and that lovely ground pounding noise and the sheer unbridled demonstration of testosterone would be enough for me. The bugging out of eyeballs would be another plus. Asuming one had the money to do this as that guy has a lot tied up in that monster. Better than Wilson speakers or fru fru B&W's for true to life live sound kind of like what Klipsch is known for.

My neighbors on the other hand don't live so close but they know I am around when the Tanerite goes off.

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfbane said:

Some do. some don't where I live.

Not one of my neighbors. Too much volume shaking things and I get a knock on the door as I usually can't hear the phone when blasting Rock and Roll or a loud movie (especially in THX) is playing. The initial scene in the movie Predator with the Chopper landing was not very well received next door! 🙉

Wb

Ha Ha I have some Chinook audio that is pretty tasty with the Super MWM's.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave A said:

The wonderful smell of burning rubber and that lovely ground pounding noise and the sheer unbridled demonstration of testosterone would be enough for me. The bugging out of eyeballs would be another plus. Asuming one had the money to do this as that guy has a lot tied up in that monster. Better than Wilson speakers or fru fru B&W's for true to life live sound kind of like what Klipsch is known for.

My neighbors on the other hand don't live so close but they know I am around when the Tanerite goes off.

I would have pulled the Olds 307 V8 that came with the car had I kept it and shoe-horned in a modified Olds 455. Forget the four whell drive thing, it would probably be not cost effective or help performance. I doubt the guy above is doing much mud and snow driving.

Wb

The Oldsmobile 455 was never a good start for a high performance build, maybe if you were looking for 500 horsepower or so but there are better choices such as Pontiac or Chevrolet. I built a few Olds 455's, it made a better low to midrange RPM torque engine to move the lead sleds of the time but under high RPM's they would come apart and parts were costly compared to others. If you did want the Olds powertrain i recommend replacing the heavy cast iron pistons with aluminum first to lighten the rotating assembly and use a camshaft that peaks under 5000 RPM or spend big bucks on a complete bulletproof rotating assembly.