Craigslist Safety

Edgar

3 minutes ago, SWL said:

FedEx ran into my house. I can't prove it but after all the investigating I did, everything points to them.

Many years ago, FedEx truck knocked-over the basketball goal (set in concrete) on my driveway. I registered a complaint, but they made it so difficult to collect that I eventually gave up.

8 hours ago, Edgar said:

Seriously, though, I'm stuck with a badly damaged loudspeaker and an insurance claim to file.

Shipper files the claim unless you used your own UPS account#.

I am sorry about your misfortune.  Hope all works out in the end.

Bill

Sorry about the bad luck Edgar. This happened to a buyer of a Rc-7 I had. I don't know how UPS did it but they really did a number on it and I packaged that thing to survive a nuclear blast...or so I thought. It took about 2mths for the buyer to get his money back. Since that has happened I don't use UPS or Fedex to ship speakers, I have had far better luck with Uship.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Do you need local boots on the ground?

what a guy!  NO really ... very nice of you to offer to help him.

I’m nominating you for Stew’s Humanitarian of the Year Award.  It’s very prestigious. The award normally comes with a ceremony full of costumes and a marching band; but since you’re in DFW and busy with the harvesting season -- we can skip the pomp & circumstance. Grab a cold beer and crank some Shins and just feel good about yourself. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for the sympathy. The thing that amazes me the most is that shippers are able to destroy the contents without leaving any evidence of it on the shipping carton itself. It's amazing. I've adopted a procedure in which I photograph every step of the opening of every carton.

On 11/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, polizzio said:

In my experience UPS is way worse. Fedx is usually dependable. 

UPS informed me they lost one of the Harbeth speakers I just sold. They know which facility it was last scanned into, but cannot find the box. They said performed a physical search of the premises but cannot locate it. Why do I  picture the last scene in "Raider of the Lost Ark" where they wheel the Ark into the warehouse for storage?

They also are having difficulty understanding Harbeth speakers are matched pairs and you can't just buy one to replace the one they lost. And the best part is I learned UPS has an internal "rule" that if your package is not delivered within two days of the specified time, they consider it lost. And then you have a whopping 60 days to file a claim.

FedEx here we come...

Edited by michaelwardjoines
grammer

14 hours ago, michaelwardjoines said:

UPS informed me they lost one of the Harbeth speakers I just sold. They know which facility it was last scanned into, but cannot find the box. They said performed a physical search of the premises but cannot locate it. Why do I  picture the last scene in "Raider of the Lost Ark" where they wheel the Ark into the warehouse for storage?

They also are having difficulty understanding Harbeth speakers are matched pairs and you can't just buy one to replace the one they lost. And the best part is I learned UPS has an internal "rule" that if your package is not delivered within two days of the specified time, they consider it lost. And then you have a whopping 60 days to file a claim.

FedEx here we come...

That just sucks. I mean how do they just lose one speaker? They scan every single physical movement, how does one box/speaker complete its journey and the other "is lost in space"?

Maybe they damaged or destroyed it and just "lost it"? 

60 days to file a claim.......sorry to read of your troubles concerning this.