R-820F vs. RP-8000

tubetwister

I have a fairly new pair of 820F’s. Got them for a steal at $249/each. I think they sound absolutely fantastic!

How much improvement in sound would there be with the RP-8000 speakers?

Would the expense be justified? I’m shocked at just how good these 820F’s are with both music, and movie soundtracks. They shake the whole house!

I had a pair of R-620F. Bought them brand new and they were a upgrade from what I had before(Bose system). I just bought the RP-6000F and the RP-600c and it was a major upgrade. The sound was night and day different. I wish I didn’t waste my money on the Reference series first. I think the biggest upgrade was going from the R-34C to the RP-600C. If you have the room and a little more money I would go with the Reference Premier. 

15 minutes ago, BamBamKam said:

I had a pair of R-620F. Bought them brand new and they were a upgrade from what I had before(Bose system). I just bought the RP-6000F and the RP-600c and it was a major upgrade. The sound was night and day different. I wish I didn’t waste my money on the Reference series first. I think the biggest upgrade was going from the R-34C to the RP-600C. If you have the room and a little more money I would go with the Reference Premier. 

That’s good to know. Might wait for a Black Friday sale. I can use the R-820F’s in another room.

• Like 1

I went from base Reference to RF-7iii's so ya big difference there. 4 months later I got a deal on a pair of La ScalaII and sold the RF-7's.

A few months after that I put my old Reference towers ( RF-800's) for sale . An elderly Asian man showed up to buy them and he brought an 8w/chn tube amp

of his own design and build. We hooked them up and I was amazed a how good the Reference line can sound, I had forgotten over the near 1yr since I last had them 

hooked up.

I would suggest you just stay with them(was a sweet deal ya got) and just enjoy until you really start feeling the need to upgrade.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, RadBlue said:

I went from base Reference to RF-7iii's so ya big difference there. 4 months later I got a deal on a pair of La ScalaII and sold the RF-7's.

A few months after that I put my old Reference towers ( RF-800's) for sale . An elderly Asian man showed up to buy them and he brought an 8w/chn tube amp

of his own design and build. We hooked them up and I was amazed a how good the Reference line can sound, I had forgotten over the near 1yr since I last had them 

hooked up.

I would suggest you just stay with them(was a sweet deal ya got) and just enjoy until you really start feeling the need to upgrade.

I agree, these really are good speakers overall. If an opportunity presents itself to get the 8000F’s on sale, I just might jump on it. Found several reviews that were stellar in their praise for these.