Tube system for sale

tillwil1

I hate to do this, and said I never would but do to space, new boat purchase leaving me needing a little cash, and little use I need to sell this system. I can post pictures if there is interest. All products were bought by me new, except the speakers. They are all in mint condition. If there is interest I will add pictures, I am sending from work at the moment.

VRD AMPS : 60 watts Ultra Linear/30 watts Triode switchable $3199 new

KT88 output tubes, Standard
Full bias control per output tube with above-chassis test points and
multi-turn controls
1.1V input sensitivity
100K input impedance
AC balance control
1000V PS filtering for extended life
10H choke per amp
All Triode front end, 12AX7 Driver, 12AU7 phase splitter, Direct coupled - These are NOS valves
Tube Rectified 5AR4
Separate provisions for 4, 8, and 16 ohm speakers
Valve Rollers Dream! The amps can run EL34, 6L6GC, 5881, 350B, KT66, KT88, 6550, KT90 and more (some tube choices require a 5U4GB rectifier tube)
You can read about these at Nosvalves.com

MMF7 turntable $800 when new

Blueberry Peach with upgraded black gate capacitors - with NOS CCA gold pin tubes, all tubes are not original $1800 when new

1976 Cornwalls - again in mint condition - Walnut - however I replaced the crossovers with upgraded ones from Dean Wescott of the Klipsch forum.

If you a Klipsch lover or forum member you know what I have and paid for all of this.

I will let this go for $4500 - I will only separate out the speakers the rest stays, because I will keep it all otherwise

Thanks for looking 813-833-95ninenine call or text
Bill

DSCN3241.JPG

DSCN3246.JPG

DSCN3242.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Joe,

I wondered why I lost my old account. Yes I live in Florida and used to visit this site a lot. After many, many thousands of dollars spent on tube gear I am temporarily going to go away from it. I just don't get the time, or patience to wait for gear to warm up. Just seems as you get older you actually have less time.

Just a quick history so you will no where I come from in this crazy hobby (Obsession). I first purchased an ST70 to go with my Forte's many years ago. After joining this forum the list went like this.  

MC110 tube pre

Scott 299D - recapped my Craig

MC240 recapped by Craig

Mark IV's recapped by Craig

Cornwall's new crossovers by Dean G

Klipsch Khorns 1974

Blue Berry from Mark - Later traded up to the Blueberry Extreme

Sold the ST70 and then traded speakers for another one

Bought one of the first pairs of VRD's from Craig and never looked back

So now along with many vintage pieces of gear making up 5 stereo systems all separates, not including 4 silver faced vintage receivers I am ready to downsize.

My current go to system is:

MC2105 recapped new glass

McIntosh C26 pre - recapped new glass  

Technics SL1900

CD player

Infinity RS3 bs

When I have the time and can interest the wife we turn on the Tube system. It is still by far the loudest cleanest system I have, or you can listen to. Either high or low volume, rock or Jazz it sounds sweet

3 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Bill, excuse my asking, but you don’t have 30 seconds to spare for tubes to warm up?  

Maynard

Maynard you know most  / some believe tubes are better after 30 minutes to 2 hours warm up 😁  I personaly subscribe to the  2 hour minimum play time or its not worth turning on the tubes

6 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Bill, excuse my asking, but you don’t have 30 seconds to spare for tubes to warm up?  

Maynard

3 hours ago, joessportster said:

Maynard you know most  / some believe tubes are better after 30 minutes to 2 hours warm up 😁  I personaly subscribe to the  2 hour minimum play time or its not worth turning on the tubes

Additionally, the Blueberry extreme has standby mode so waiting for tubes to warm up should never be an issue with the preamp, but it looks like it's not being used from the picture. I would be interested in the VRDs if this ever got broken up. I don't need more Cornwalls or another BBX. GLWS!

Yup I usually go with a 30 minute warm up. Cleaning the dust off is a never ending job. I work 12 hour days so I have about two hours of free time during work days so the SS gear gets all the attention. I bias the VRD's regularly so they stay were they are supposed to be.