Cornscala script badge

mopardave

2 hours ago, glens said:

I merely want with this post to go on record as saying I have absolutely nothing against a script badge of any iteration.  It's the inclusion of the PWK pie logo to which I take exception, for a "product" which has no precedent in the official lineup especially.

Yes, I told the gentleman I wanted the badges without the pwk pie logo .

• Like 2

Super Heresy badges on the way.   Yes, I seen those. Same guy has made me the solid brass engraved badges without the pwk horn logo, as I don't care for the looks of the logo anyway and no black paint.  They are thicker than the ones you posted too.  You may fine them on ebay, but he only had the 1 pair he made me.  I will post a pic when I get them next week.

3 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Super Heresy badges on the way.   Yes, I seen those. Same guy has made me the solid brass engraved badges without the pwk horn logo, as I don't care for the looks of the logo anyway and no black paint.  They are thicker than the ones you posted too.  You may fine them on ebay, but he only had the 1 pair he made me.  I will post a pic when I get them next week.

Also, my Cornscala scrit badges are on the way from Russia, will post a pic of those when they get here.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:24 AM, mopardave said:

Also, my Cornscala scrit badges are on the way from Russia, will post a pic of those when they get here.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:20 AM, mopardave said:

Here's a pic he sent me. They are thicker than the original copper badge.  

super Hersey.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 5:20 AM, mopardave said:

I'm curious as to which version of the Super Heresy you built? Components, networks, etc.

1 hour ago, pioneerhip said:

I never saw him list them on eBay. How do did you buy them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He let me know when they were going up and I bought them.  I told him to make to make several sets as their might be others interested also.  Not sure if he did that or not.  You could send him the pic I posted and tell him you need a pair if that's the case.   I'll send him a message as well.

6 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm curious as to which version of the Super Heresy you built? Components, networks, etc.

6 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Claude, I used the BC DE120 with a 55M mid. The woofer was the eminence delta pro 12" I think, what ever you suggested at the time and a home built B cross over from my home brew vertical Cornwalls.   They sound awesome to me.  

IMG_0395.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneerhip said:

I never saw him list them on eBay. How do did you buy them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

burtnbec is the ebay seller from Iowa and its grossbjorn from Russia with the Cornscala script badge's.    burtnbec has these copper Super Heresy badges for 16.50/pr.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mopardave said:

Claude, I used the BC DE120 with a 55M mid. The woofer was the eminence delta pro 12" I think, what ever you suggested at the time and a home built B cross over from my home brew vertical Cornwalls.   They sound awesome to me.  

Well they should sound awesome, since so many people built them, some slight variations,  and agree with you!!

I'm sure the K55M's are as good or better than the K55's in my original build from 6 years ago (still owned by JimJimbo), but since I never measured or heard them, I trust you to inform us!!

On 11/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, mopardave said:

Couldn't agree more.  It's not like i'm mass producing these things. I'm building one pair for myself and Klipsch never produced a Cornscala.  I see no problem here.

I built what one could call "the Original" CornScala in 1975, using a Speakerlab 350 horn, Atlas Driver, Eminence woofer, and an EV T35 tweeter (like K77). as a center channel between my big Altecs, about 2 years before I got a bank load to buy Khorns!! The lone center was sold and replaced by a Klipsch LaScala.

On 11/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Well they should sound awesome, since so many people built them, some slight variations,  and agree with you!!

I'm sure the K55M's are as good or better than the K55's in my original build from 6 years ago (still owned by JimJimbo), but since I never measured or heard them, I trust you to inform us!!

Claude, what components were used in your Super H's?

5 hours ago, mopardave said:

Claude, what components were used in your Super H's?

For version 1.0, which still uses the original K55/K600 Driver Mid Horn combo, it's a 4 ohm Eminence woofer with Neo magnet, a 3" VC, and a 10.6 mm Xmax. It's a "super woofer" from Eminence. For the Super Tweeter, which is where I also got the name for my "Super Heresy," because of the tweeter upgrade, I have DaveA's latest sMAHL 2.0 with a DE-120 driver from B&C.

You may get a kick out of what I built at 20 years old, in 1975, the world's first of what would be called today a "CornScala between my Super Altecs!! This is the expando living room of my mobile home, which is all I could afford back then.

The third shot is the Super Cornwall 1.0 with oak plywood "feet" pulling up the height and acting as a "speaker stand" for the Atmos Rear Right Ceiling Bounce channel with KP-250.

WallOsound1976web - Copy.jpg

IMG_1520v.jpg

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG