Cornscala script badge

mopardave

• Moderators
On 11/14/2019 at 2:33 PM, Pete H said:

To each their own.  There's nothing disrespectful IMO when Klipsch leads you to play, modify and build speakers.  Isn't that what the man was all about?  Most here have done it to some degree or another be it a crossover modification (not Klipsch) changing a tweeter or diaphragm (not Klipsch) as well as many other "minor" modifications.  I would bet that when these small things are done, people aren't ripping their badges off.  Just saying that it really doesn't matter when members do this and are still big Klipsch promoters so people in glass houses....................  :P

LOL, just caught me in a really good mood because some friends convinced me to buy some  Bookers :emotion-46:

It's a problem if it's a Trademark or Copyright violation. 

Gotta love that Bookers!

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Randyh said:

wow , Awesome ,   Fastlane audio mid horn , and magnets on the grilles , very clean touch , removing these velcro tabs is something we must all do , it wrecks the fabric  - the cutout of the mids horn looks very clean , with no screws showing - I guess you are running ALK crossovers as well -- now that's a really nice Cornscala -Congrats -

Well.....not ALK's but there's a story there.

When I first bought the CWI's about 10-years ago, I ordered Bob's B-3 networks. These are 84' CW's but originally had k57's instead of k55's. It was about a year later I decided to pull the trigger on a CS conversion. I sent the networks back to Bob and he swapped out one cap to change the LF/MF point for the Atlas PD5VH's now going in them.

I then bought a 2 1/2 hp router off Craigslist and some bits. Took out all the guts and went to work. I must have taken well over an hour measuring and aligning the template Dave sent with the horns. Turned out I had the allignment better than the people in Hope had. 😎 After the cutouts were made I took a roundover bit to outside edges of the mids and woofers so they looked more aesthetically pleasing with the grills off. Really wish I could gave done that with the tweets but there wasn't enough room. If these were Decorators there would have been.

Then I sanded off all the paint I could on the motor board and put on a coat of primer and the flattest black paint the stores had.

Next, the magnets came from Parts Express (30 miles away). Now, I knew getting those to line up perfectly wouldn't be easy. So, I had taken some extra grill material and made a sort of pocket with the magnet inside. That way the magnet would find its own center. Then countersunk the ones on the motorboard and glued them in place.

I still have the original cane grills wich I also cut out for the larger horns. But when they're on they look the same. Although they, IMHO they do muffle the sound a bit.

IMG_20200103_172852.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, Randyh said:

the Cornscala badges on EBAY  are a super well made product , 15$  , the seller can also remove the PWK logo / he can  make the logo out of copper plate -for

1.50$ more - FREE shipping in the USA straight out of  IOWA , really nice guy to deal with -

I have bought several badges from him as well.  Quality product.