Cornscala script badge

mopardave

55 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

For version 1.0, which still uses the original K55/K600 Driver Mid Horn combo, it's a 4 ohm Eminence woofer with Neo magnet, a 3" VC, and a 10.6 mm Xmax. It's a "super woofer" from Eminence. For the Super Tweeter, which is where I also got the name for my "Super Heresy," because of the tweeter upgrade, I have DaveA's latest sMAHL 2.0 with a DE-120 driver from B&C.

You may get a kick out of what I built at 20 years old, in 1975, the world's first of what would be called today a "CornScala between my Super Altecs!! This is the expando living room of my mobile home, which is all I could afford back then.

The third shot is the Super Cornwall 1.0 with oak plywood "feet" pulling up the height and acting as a "speaker stand" for the Atmos Rear Right Ceiling Bounce channel with KP-250.

WallOsound1976web - Copy.jpg

IMG_1520v.jpg

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Nice. You have been ahead of the times a bit.  I didn't know what a klipsch speaker was till 1985 

34 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Nice. You have been ahead of the times a bit.  I didn't know what a klipsch speaker was till 1985 

Pure luck really. I had a Detroit News paper route. The Paper station was about 3 blocks from my house, and the Klipsch Dealer was on my way to my paper route every day, so I was 13 when I discovered Klipschorns, but it took 10 years for me to buy them, with my fiancee to co-sign the bank loan. Then we got married, went to a honeymoon, and the Khorns arrived about a week after we returned. Perfect timing! LOL. Then I sold the "CornScala" and got a center LaScala to go with the Birch Khorns, which turned out to be the best year of construction for Klipschorns.....Baltic Birch!! Then, I sold the big power amps and got smaller Dynacos.

BTW, if all goes well, the Super Cornwall 2.0's will have a K510/K1133 Midrange in place of the K55/K600. That should make things even more "interesting." But it will require some sawdust, which the 1.0 does not.

13 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Pure luck really. I had a Detroit News paper route. The Paper station was about 3 blocks from my house, and the Klipsch Dealer was on my way to my paper route every day, so I was 13 when I discovered Klipschorns, but it took 10 years for me to buy them, with my fiancee to co-sign the bank loan. Then we got married, went to a honeymoon, and the Khorns arrived about a week after we returned. Perfect timing! LOL. Then I sold the "CornScala" and got a center LaScala to go with the Birch Khorns, which turned out to be the best year of construction for Klipschorns.....Baltic Birch!! Then, I sold the big power amps and got smaller Dynacos.

BTW, if all goes well, the Super Cornwall 2.0's will have a K510/K1133 Midrange in place of the K55/K600. That should make things even more "interesting." But it will require some sawdust, which the 1.0 does not.

Ah, I see.  A little history.  Would the k510 horn be similar to the new mid horn in the new cornwall 4's?  At this point with all the good reviews, I would like to build a pair of the cw4's.  I like the new look of the cw4 as well.

9 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Ah, I see.  A little history.  Would the k510 horn be similar to the new mid horn in the new cornwall 4's?  At this point with all the good reviews, I would like to build a pair of the cw4's.  I like the new look of the cw4 as well.

I think the CW4 has a 1.5 inch driver. The K510 will have a 2" compression driver, so it should cross lower and give more detail. But with all the other "tweaks," including the balancing network of the CW4, you'll just have to buy one if you want one, since the S.C. 2.0 will be just a "BIG MOD" to a CW-1 box.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I think the CW4 has a 1.5 inch driver. The K510 will have a 2" compression driver, so it should cross lower and give more detail. But with all the other "tweaks," including the balancing network of the CW4, you'll just have to buy one if you want one, since the S.C. 2.0 will be just a "BIG MOD" to a CW-1 box.

Yep.  At $6000/pr it will be awhile before I could but those.  Besides, I like making a little saw dust.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pioneerhip said:

Perfect!!  Who did you get it from? The name you gave earlier wasn't the guy. I contacted him on eBay and he acted like he had no clue. 

This is the guy from Russia.  There are 2 guys doing badges. 1  in Iowa and the other in Russia.  I will let ya know when they are ready.  Should be by Monday.

• Like 1