The Annual What Are You Having For Thanksgiving Thread

WillyBob

asked my brother if he was going home to california for the holidays and he said no.  So, unless he changes his mind, he’ll probably cook a turkey.  He’s a very good cook.

if he changes his mind and travels ... i’ll go to whatever fast food place is open or go to my standby -- frozen burrito and can of chili.  Or I’ll go to WillyBob’s ... that menu looks good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

come on down You are welcome.

I was hoping you didn't say , turkey hot dog

I did that a few years being single. One year I decided to cook for myself. The whole deal.  I enjoy cooking. It's almost as good as eating. I do the do, even if I am the only one to eat it.

• Like 3

i was tempted to buy a prepared turkey dinner from the grocery store; but never did.  i don’t know if they are any good or not. I know back in SoCal, the big grocery stores (Albertsons, Ralphs) would advertise that you could order a complete turkey dinner and pick it up on Thanksgiving Day. Don’t know if they do that up here in the northern regions. 

• Like 1

I'm harvesting my 5 turkeys the Sunday before holiday. One is going to my farmer friend with whom I traded a season of vegetables, one or more for us, and then I'm offering up one to a couple of people that will be coming to help with harvest. I had six, but the smallest one died late last week when we had a wet cold snap. It's always just a big kick in the nuts when I lose livestock so close to harvest time. No clue beyond that.. the day of is going to be pared down with just our four parents and our girls at the farm. I think we have some larger dinner scheduled with my in-laws for later in the weekend.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

we have a couple weeks till the big cook.

Wife and I are going simple.

Bird. We may smoke it

Sides --

Mashed potatoes/gravy

Stuffing

Candied yams

cranberry sauce.

Pumpkin pie

No offense, that looks like the whole enchilada. Ok maybe need to throw in a green bean casserole:)

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i was tempted to buy a prepared turkey dinner from the grocery store; but never did.  i don’t know if they are any good or not. I know back in SoCal, the big grocery stores (Albertsons, Ralphs) would advertise that you could order a complete turkey dinner and pick it up on Thanksgiving Day. Don’t know if they do that up here in the northern regions. 

} You are welcome for a Thanksgiving Scrambled Egg Feast. And I do make a killer breakfast burrito that may be of interest -🌯

• Thanks 1

Thanksgiving is coming early to CAndler, Az. My daUghter and family are coming down from Colorado and she and her husband have volunteered to cook. My Mom is coming in from Jersey as well. 

The menu will be:

-Turkey with stuffing

-Yams and mashed taters

-Green beans

-Home made cranberry sauce

- My scratch made pumpkin pies, famed throughout Colorado Springs, and my block here in Chandler, Az. With fresh whipped cream.

Festivities will happen this weekend, and will be attended by 80% of my children (4), two spouses, two significant others, four grandkids and my mom (The Great grandma) will be a noisy house, but fun.

• Like 1

Plans are not solid yet but for sure I will roast a turkey on the big green egg(Kamado) no matter what. If we have visitors we'll go the whole nine yards. If its just the two of us we'll tone it down considerably.

55 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

With fresh whipped cream.

Of freaking course. What would pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving be without freshly home made whipped cream.

I've already made fresh cranberry sauce once this season, several more batches to go I'm sure.

• Like 1