The Annual What Are You Having For Thanksgiving Thread

WillyBob

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

I had to redirect him several times, especially on angle of breast carve and how to separate the thigh, etc. 

Dave

These days I prefer to carve off the whole beast and then slice it perpendicular to the grain in chunks. Presents well on the platter and helps keep the pieces moist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

tada! Two gallons going to the freezer for later and i've got another half gallon or so on the stove to become soup for the weekend.

959A4B7B-1808-42F6-8FB4-C44F6333A1BA.jpeg.cca5500339935a29a2f51781be3c079f.jpeg

$20 if you chug one of them ... must be live-streamed and you have to be holding your birth certificate so we know it’s really you. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Spent most of the day making Beef Stew for my daughter Melissa. That's what she wants as her last dinner before flying back to Toronto and work tomorrow (over going out for dinner). I usually use Sirloin steak cutup, this time a mix of Sirloin and Striploin.

Wb

don’t forget to top it off with a healthy dose of ketchup and some hot sauce. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Spent most of the day making Beef Stew

Mildly amusing story.  I got adopted at age nine after my parent’s died.  Now, up to that point, i had grown up with the Portuguese side of my family. So, i get adopted and shipped off away to other non-Portuguese relatives. Sit down for dinner one day and the meal was beef stew.  I didn’t know what to do and I asked “what’s this?”  Beef Stew i was told. “But it’s brown.”  That’s the color of beef stew i’m told. “NO. Food has to be red.”  

Now me and my Portuguese cousins laugh about how all the food we grew up eating was red.  Tomatoes or sauce added to everything!  I guess it stuck with me -- i still turn my food red. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

don’t forget to top it off with a healthy dose of ketchup and some hot sauce. 

I'd probably get shot for that. French Beef Stew wants Thyme, the beef and vegetables... and one chopped up tomato which is removed is as close as this will ever come to Ketchup. Excoffier invented, or not WRT Ketchup!

Wb

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Mildly amusing story.  I got adopted at age nine after my parent’s died.  Now, up to that point, i had grown up with the Portuguese side of my family. So, i get adopted and shipped off away to other non-Portuguese relatives. Sit down for dinner one day and the meal was beef stew.  I didn’t know what to do and I asked “what’s this?”  Beef Stew i was told. “But it’s brown.”  That’s the color of beef stew i’m told. “NO. Food has to be red.”  

Now me and my Portuguese cousins laugh about how all the food we grew up eating was red.  Tomatoes or sauce added to everything!  I guess it stuck with me -- i still turn my food red. 

I found it slightly more than mildly amusing!

I had an all beige thanksgiving dinner! It was wonderful!

• Like 2

Just turned our stock off. It got 14 or 15 hours.  Could go a little longer.  We might get  2 qt.

I'm looking at making some dumplings.  Wife sez she doesn't care for them. But she doesn't like spaghetti and eats [likes] my version. That really confuses me. When I ask her what she doesn't like about spaghetti... "I don't like the sauce .... and I don't like the pasta, but I like yours"  ?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Just turned our stock off. It got 14 or 15 hours.  Could go a little longer.  We might get  2 qt.

I'm looking at making some dumplings.  Wife sez she doesn't care for them. But she doesn't like spaghetti and eats [likes] my version. That really confuses me. When I ask her what she doesn't like about spaghetti... "I don't like the sauce .... and I don't like the pasta, but I like yours"  ?????

that’s her way of saying “I love you WillyBob.”  

• Haha 1