10 years wanting to hear Audio Nirvana 15”

justinsweber

Yes it was worth it.  Special thanks to Dave Harris for the design and baffles.  
My cornscala is a truer to source output but these sound like music. I would easily place them on par with my cornscalas.  
Though I built both and didn’t skimp at all. I would say the cornscala is still more stoutly  made. If You ever get a chance to hear the 15 take it upon yourself. I’ve had the 8 inch and heard the 10, but neither compare to the scale and detail and ease the 15 provides.  

20AAC6F1-33D4-4620-91F4-81864A8DE244.jpeg

23E9B024-00B4-4BCB-BBA1-9E3364F3245D.jpeg

• Like 2

They look good Justin.  Would you consider editing your subject line?  At first I thought this was a relationship thread about achieving “her” nirvana.

Also, it took me a bit to realize you weren’t referring to speakers built by POTUS’s former attorney.

7 hours ago, justinsweber said:

Coenscalas

How is the treble as you move about?  Are they at all beamy?  It’s been my experience that large surface area sources (can you say Magnepan?) tend to beam the highs.

In any case, your workmanship is again excellent and, if you say they compare favorably to your Cornscalas, I’m impressed.

Nice, thanks for sharing.  I've always had a soft spot for wide-rangers, too.  Just running my mouth before enough coffee is down to think better of it, but my first thoughts were wondering:

(a) if there's some sympathetic woofer/box excitation going on with the c-scala boxes/cones/port
(b) maybe(???) some beneficial baffle-width stuff, too (asymmetry and all re the AN "baffle" it sees, although collapsing directivity maybe washes that away???)

If it's not a pain and a half to do so, it'd be interesting to know if they sound discernibly different with the other big boys moved some.

In my own exp hacking-up other stuff, (I'll call it-) "physics" seemed to be going on amongst the various boxes and weird room/schroeder stuff.  Way different rooms, but I put my hands on the Cornie cones with other stuff playing and stuff was happening.

I know, "stuff" is way too technical jargon but I don't want to start an empirical anything before I wake-up :)

someotherstuffexample.jpg

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

They look good Justin.  Would you consider editing your subject line?  At first I thought this was a relationship thread about achieving “her” nirvana.

Also, it took me a bit to realize you weren’t referring to speakers built by POTUS’s former attorney.

How is the treble as you move about?  Are they at all beamy?  It’s been my experience that large surface area sources (can you say Magnepan?) tend to beam the highs.

In any case, your workmanship is again excellent and, if you say they compare favorably to your Cornscalas, I’m impressed.

All fixed.  First time using phone to post.  

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

They really sound fantastic.  Less bass then the cornscala imaging and tonal balance is incredible. Think Dynaco A25/Devore O93. At this point Id say the cornscalaa and the AN15 are my 2best speakers.  Big but not huge and incredibly impressive. 

• Thanks 1