Been camping and it was 14 degrees last night!

mr clean

When I was in High School I belonged to an explorers group which was a branch of the boy scouts I believe, but allowed girls to participate (yes!).  We had a chaperoned camping weekend one winter where we stayed in log cabins heated by a 55 gallon drum style heater.  It was placed on it's side above the floor with a chimney pipe through the roof.  The cabin was a half mile hike from the road and we carried supplies in on sleds.  The warmest it got during the afternoon all weekend was -10.  It didn't stop us from outside activities but it was nasty bitter cold.  We even built a fire in the middle of the frozen lake on the ice.  It was surreal.

• Like 1

The Mrs was raised ‘rural’ and enjoyed outdoorsy hobbies a lot in her younger days. She lived near Yellowstone for many years and ‘purportedly’ did lots and lots of ‘cold’ weather activities. Nowadays she pines to go ‘camping’ and me, not-so-much. I have to remind her how much she hates the cold these days. She refuses to sit outside for morning coffee once temps drop below 50ish. So we bought a hot tub and enjoy our lakeside home from the back deck in all weather conditions knowing that warmth is mere steps away. That works for both of us 🥳😁🥳🤗.

• Like 1