What Really Pis$ed You Off Today

Pete H

Things come in 3's?  Ugh!  

Had a couple does come up outta the median on the interstate here one nite.  No way could I stop!  First one barely made it past my fender and the second one, which I thought was gonna run into the side of the car, made it past somehow.  I thought I was TOTALLY screwed when it happened.  It was like inches not feet.  Kinda felt like A.J. Foyt driving thru the junk yard in the short chute btwn 1 and 2 turns at Indy that year.  About an 8 car pile up and he just kept driving straight thru the junk and made it thru w/o a scratch.  Afterwards he said it was a split second decision and it worked.  Was nutso!

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, richieb said:

I think that’ll buff out —

Probably, about a week of buffing at a body shop should do it.

TasDom, you said she was ok but probably will think about that anytime she drives, which is a good thing.

Tailgating, speeding and phones probably cause most accidents, I would guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Probably, about a week of buffing at a body shop should do it.

TasDom, you said she was ok but probably will think about that anytime she drives, which is a good thing.

Tailgating, speeding and phones probably cause most accidents, I would guess.

Yes, a lesson learned. Second thing I asked her was if she was texting. She wasn't but was ending a call on her bluetooth from dashboard. That's all it took was 2 seconds of not paying attention.

She's in a different state than me and I also noticed all the leaves under the hood. Tried not to lecture but told her how that can block air vents or get sucked into the intake / air filter.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, TasDom said:

That's all it took was 2 seconds of not paying attention.

Your right it can happen very fast.

I didn't mean your daughter did any of those things, it's just what we see driving, almost every time. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Yes, a lesson learned. Second thing I asked her was if she was texting. She wasn't but was ending a call on her bluetooth from dashboard. That's all it took was 2 seconds of not paying attention.

She's in a different state than me and I also noticed all the leaves under the hood. Tried not to lecture but told her how that can block air vents or get sucked into the intake / air filter.

I'm a major proponent of voice activated ear pieces or Bluetooth, but nothing that requires you to look at anything but the road.  Glad she's OK and glad she was using Bluetooth, which is a far cry from what a lot of others do on a regular basis.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TasDom said:

Such as?

Cell phone? Makeup? Radio? Talking with passenger? Cut off? Brake failure? Computer failure? Sensor failure? Ice? Rain? Visibility?  Fog? Tire failure? But I guess the last threads have answered my questions.

JJK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Cell phone? Makeup? Radio? Talking with passenger? Cut off? Brake failure? Computer failure? Sensor failure? Ice? Rain? Visibility?  Fog? Tire failure? But I guess the last threads have answered my questions.

JJK

Gotcha...

The roads were wet with light rain, no passenger, just driving to school (she's a first grade teacher) and ending a bluetooth call from the dashboard.

Funny thing is I asked who she was talking to. It was her other (part time) employer, Home Depot and she was calling to see if they had found her favorite travel mug she thought she left there. I said "well, did they find it?"

Long pause.......

"Ummm no, it was in the back of my car"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

@TasDom Glad to hear your daughter was OK. Getting hurt, injured or worse in a car accident is just such a pity. But it happens all too often. God Bless you and her. The airbags deployed? Thank God for the engineers that came up with and implemented that idea.

Airbags didn't activate. From the damage, surprised they did not. Speed limit was only 30 MPH but still surprising based on the impact.

i’m very happy that your daughter is okay.  what a relief!

crashes are scary ... i’ve been in a few -- including a very bad one. T-boned by a drunk driver that driving a semi and was 30 miles off course, he ran a stop sign and plowed right into us ... he then knocked down a power pole ... electricity cut off for 1,500 homes. Mom (passenger) was ejected out of the driver side door -- Dad ejected too.  Mom died that night, Dad died five months later. That was my Thanksgiving Night as an eight-year-old.

• Sad 7

33 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i’m very happy that your daughter is okay.  what a relief!

crashes are scary ... i’ve been in a few -- including a very bad one. T-boned by a drunk driver that driving a semi and was 30 miles off course, he ran a stop sign and plowed right into us ... he then knocked down a power pole ... electricity cut off for 1,500 homes. Mom (passenger) was ejected out of the driver side door -- Dad ejected too.  Mom died that night, Dad died five months later. That was my Thanksgiving Night as an eight-year-old.

Wow, so sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss. I've lost friends to drunk drivers and there is no excuse for their stupidity. I had a DWI on my 21st birthday and I must say, it was probably the best lesson I have ever learned. 

• Like 3

This is what pis$ed my wife off yesterday.  She came home after rising early to go do a 15K charity run expecting to see me in the shop working on cabinet work that she's requested and instead found I have made it as far as getting my table saw moved so I could bring more gear into the shop and was playing with various configurations with 5 different speakers and enjoying some beer and bourbon.  That there is Pis$ed off, let me tell you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

The cabinet work will be done much better now, your mind contented with good tunes, gear, and drink. I know......worth a try.

I'm way past that on the excuse list so I simply said "There's a reason that the shop is not connected to the house", followed up with, "I'm doing what I want to do" and those have now been stricken from my excuse list as they did not go over well.  It was the Bookers talkin!  LOL

• Haha 1